Digital sounding artifact?? Fizzy like my Roland Microcube and Peavey Vypyr

• So, I've started to notice that there is that "cheap digital fizz" in Kemper, just like my Roland Microcube and Peavey Vypyr...
    Is it supposed to be like that? I can't remember getting this sound with real recorded Dual Rectifier or Engl e530 / e430...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6sxz…38hw/distortion1.mp3?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/0652…1b3z/distortion2.mp3?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/cy08…4l6m/distortion3.mp3?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/xf9p…wyql/distortion4.mp3?dl=0

I get this fizz both with SPDIF and XLR main output, I can't hear any big different between them. And I don't have the Gain knob on max either, it's ofter at 1-2 o clock max.

So, is this a common issue with Kemper (because it's digital) or am I doing something wrong here?

• So, is this a common issue with Kemper (because it's digital) or am I doing something wrong here?

The Profiler has proven countless times in real world tests made by top industry professionals and thousands of users that it sounds like the amp profiled.
    If something is amiss, it is either the monitoring that, in the profiling setup. Extended high end response is sometimes mistaken for digital artifacts, which is a knee-jerk response really - if anything can be said about the Profiler's sound it is that it has no sound: Input = Output
    On mobile right now, so I can't listen to the samples with a decent soundcard, but I'll get a chance tomorrow.

• Quote from Cederick: “So, is this a common issue with Kemper (because it's digital) or am I doing something wrong here?”
    The Profiler has proven countless times in real world tests made by top industry professionals and thousands of users that it…

But these are made by "renowned" profilers like TAF and SinMix (even tho free ones, I haven't got around to decide to buy commercial profiles yet...) so they should be good.

But I hear this annoying fizz that is no different to my other cheap model amps

• So, I've started to notice that there is that "cheap digital fizz" in Kemper,

When did this notice start? This statement indicates that it was OK until some point where you started to notice.

*Edited*
    I just looked at your recent activity and I see a common pattern of just realizing things... This all seems rather suspect to me...

• You can try to use a high cut to get rid of those frequencies (wah lowpass set to something around 8.9).
    You might have to boost presence and treble after doing so.
    Another solution might be using pure cab.

• it would be an interesting experience for you to try these recorded samples on different monitoring setups.

Here's What I did:
    I was hearing the same fizziness on my studio monitors with almost all the profiles.( free or commercial)

I took some rigs that I knew for sure were excelent ( they were voted the best by the users on this forum) and I recorded some samples.

I had also gathered a couple of raw guitar sounds , recorded as samples by different commercial profilers( m britt, TAF, top jimi, etc)

I've put all these sound demos on my ipad, took my focusrire itrack dock ( this thing has monitor out) and I went to a music store and tried different monitoring setups.

In this way, you get to decide what sounds good and what not for you.

If no monitoring setup sounds good, you can try the KPA with a poweramp and a guitar cab. this setup would remove the digital artifacts you are hearing now.

Cederick, before buying the KPA, did you only use tube amps and guitar cabs? if this is true, this would explain why your ears are still not accustomed hearing the mic'ed guitar sound.

• what is your monitoring setup?
    the better the studio monitors, the better the Profiler sounds.
    you seem to have a bottleneck somewhere.

are you familiar with close mic-ed guitar sounds?

Yes I have recorded tube amps with miced cabs a few times, and tube preamps with IRs as well (which was my gateway to wanting a Kemper since I mostly record at home, and that Engl preamp wasn't versitile enough)

When did this notice start? This statement indicates that it was OK until some point where you started to notice.

*Edited*
    I just looked at your recent activity and I see a common pattern of just realizing things... This all seems rather suspect to me...

Actually it starts to make some sense now when you ask about it:

I have been recording a lot with headphones in my new apartment, but lately I've had to use headphones and it MAY be the headphones that makes this sound... I couldn't hear the fizz in either my main monitor speakers or even kitchen stereo...

I'm not sure, but it MIGHT be the phones... Hahaha. I'm so stupid :)

*Edited*

Yeah I'm sorry for recent bitching about things, but I've only had the kemper for a few months, and during that time I had to record an album as quickly as I can, and just chose a TAF 5150 profile that came with it, good sound, but I might find better. And now recently I've been really fucking critical about stuff... I have so much recordings coming up soon, and I want everything to be perfect, so I guess I have more time to look into small details now