new van halen 1 sound profile

• ahaha good story, I have to agree, same story for every guitar hero, give Hendrix a squier and a pignose and he would have some awesome tones out of it.

I force myself to play on a crappy solid state amp with no pedals at my jazz club rehersals, just to improve my skills , guitar vol & tone control, like the guitar noob I was 20 years ago. This will also help me to survive into any guitar survival situation and improvised jam anywhere i go.

Go on with any mid/high gain amp , tweaked gain , mids treble , definitiion and clarity tweaks and don't be afraid to experiment.

same thing with me! incidentally, although I own what I consider one of the best amp in the world (kemper) I rarely play it when practicing. I do my 'gym' on a vox amplug satriani model with something more than a crunch distortion. result is that if I can make this amplug thing play, I can then make everything scream and playing with the kpa will be much, much easier. at the end it'll be the hand that speaks...

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• Agree 100% to michael
    Vai has played very different amps over the years and i think you hear that it is Vai from flexable leftlovers up to the sound of light. The same is with eddies sounds. He has one periode where he sounds a bit different for me, it was the balance tune where he used a lot of chorus in his sound. Normally you hear a phaser, a short delay and many, many reverb, like eruption and these tunes.
    @ fraevh:
    Dont care for the amp so much. You need a marshally sound with not too many gain and the effects i have written and youre in the ballpark of eddies sounds ( but not in the ballpark of his technic). It takes a lot of time to get this bluesy feeling , that is the amazing think for me behind eddies playing, he has the blues and he playes it quick. Analyse his phrasing, thats his secret, not the tapping style. This style is also awesome, but his phrasing is killer.

Cheers
    Frank

• Eltzejupp thank you i agree you and mic =great person!

But need go jimi go evh profile you can help me?

I think i have it in stock, but i am on holyday in bavaria at the moment ( drinking beer and eating " Weißwurst").
    I am back on sunday, then i search for it and send it to you.

• [quote='fraevh','http://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index.php/Thread/24582-new-van-halen-1-sound-profile/?postID=251245#post251245']Eltzejupp thank you i agree you and mic =great person!

But need go jimi go evh profile you can help me?

I think i have it in stock, but i am on holyday in bavaria at the moment ( drinking beer and eating " Weißwurst").
    I am back on sunday, then i search for it and send it to you.[/quote

Please give me a mark on my pinwall or start a conversation, so i dont forget it

• No insult intended. Just having a little fun and this thread reminded me of that video.

Question though - why is this thread posted in the "commercial profiles" section of the forum?

Webb ok ok sorry dude for me my profile is comparable a commercial rigs i like more my profile on my blueamp cab is good sound but not direct recording this sample is bad comparated with real sound!