Kemper only using headphone output?

• I'm planning on buying a Kemper for Christmas and I was wondering, would I be able to use the headphone output without a powered speaker in one of the speaker outputs in the back or would that mess it up like with a regular guitar amp? Or would I have to wait until I could afford a powered speaker to use it at all?

GEAR:
    (Soon) Kemper Profiling Amp
    Jackson King V STD (Discontinued)
    Jackson DK-2 (Discontinued)
    Randall RD-1H
    ENGL E530
    JCA24S 2X12
    Blackstar ID:15
    Orange Crush 15R (Discontinued)
    Jackson RRX10D (Discontinued)

• Kemper has dedicated (really good) Headphone output in the front, so you don't have to use line level outputs in the back. It's perfectly OK to use KPA only with headphones. You can buy powered speaker later. ;)

• I think the OP is referring to one of the powered versions. It's perfectly ok to use the Powerhead or Power Rack without a speaker or load connected to the powered output :)

• Kemper has dedicated (really good) Headphone output in the front, so you don't have to use line level outputs in the back. It's perfectly OK to use KPA only with headphones. You can buy powered speaker later. ;)

Ok, thanks. I was hoping for this. I'd have to wait about 5 weeks after getting it otherwise, so thanks for the quick(ish) answer. I was planning on getting a Yamaha HS-8 active moniter because some guy on here says he uses a pair of those with his Kemper and he said they sound good with it. Anyway, thanks again and have a good day/night :)

GEAR:
    Randall RD-1H
    ENGL E530
    JCA24S 2X12

• I think the OP is referring to one of the powered versions. It's perfectly ok to use the Powerhead or Power Rack without a speaker or load connected to the powered output

As he also planned to buy powered speakers I thought he was referring to non-powered version of KPA. :)

• I think the OP is referring to one of the powered versions. It's perfectly ok to use the Powerhead or Power Rack without a speaker or load connected to the powered output :)

I was actually speaking about the passive Kemper head. I'm planning on getting a powered speaker (Yamaha HS-8) because I'd have to spend literally £364 extra on the powered version, and the passive head (£1,119) plus active speaker (£202) makes a bit more sense for me. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

GEAR:
    Randall RD-1H
    ENGL E530
    JCA24S 2X12

• As he also planned to buy powered speakers I thought he was referring to non-powered version of KPA. :)

You are correct

I run KPA throught HS-7 and I like the sound. But honestly I can not judge the quality of the monitors, because I have never tried other models/brands. :)

Thank you for your input, I wouldn't be able to try different studio monitors out so I kind of have to guess what would be the best fit for me, so it's that or use my guitar cab which, from what I've heard, makes every profile sound the same. And if people are happy with the sound they get from a version of a monitor I'm getting, I have no problem with it

GEAR:
    Randall RD-1H
    ENGL E530
    JCA24S 2X12

• Get some studio quality headphones if you can. At least that will get you in the ballpark until your speakers arrive.

Thanks for the suggestion :)

GEAR:
    Randall RD-1H
    ENGL E530
    JCA24S 2X12