• Thanks DaveC….. Just hooked it all up and tried it on a performance and switch rigs and it seems to be triggering fine.

I bought 2 MIDI cables but then just saw you mention you only need 1? there's no benefit in sending MIDI out of the H9 back into the Kemper?
    Could you get the H9 to send the Kemper the tempo for certain rigs for example?

Have you found any benefits on placing different H9 FX types in different Slots? e.g Stomps v X v Mod?

• Glad to hear that you got it up and running. You can use the second midi cable to hook up another pedal, if you want.

Sending midi out of the H9 and back to the Kemper, is a possibility depending on the H9's midi implementation, but it would probably not work. Once you set the H9 to receive external midi from the Kemper, it probably disabled the H9's ability to also send midi.

I keep my H9 locked in the X Slot, so I can use the stereo loop, and keep the H9 behind the KPA's amp section, and all the dirt pedals. This works well with most H9 presets, except the new Crushtation distortion algorithm. Those presets really want to be in front of the amp section to get the best distortion sound. Using the wiring that I described above, you can save rigs with the mono loop before or the stereo loop after the amp section.

You could also look into the 4 cable method of wiring which allows even more flexibility. For me, this way works fine.

• After owning my H9 for about a year now, I rewatched some youtube demo videos last week and saw some features and presets I'd passed over (or simply hadn't got to playing with yet). Now being able to incorporate H9 FX presets into Kemper performances via MIDI has made it the complete setup for me. Except for having another H9 for multiple presets? :)

• My second just showed up and I am using a DA three switch controller.... Then into the loop..... so I can go plug and play with regular amps as well......

.......Steep learning curve to get all these parts communicating correctly! :evil:

I can see where I may set one up in the loop for Delay and Verb, then do the modulation and trem stuff in the front end as you mentioned Dave......... very cool

• I use my midi in and out for my fcb 1010. so there is no jack left to run the h9 with midi, whats the trick behind it?

There are 16 Midi channels to use, so you can hook up up to 16 devices, all listening to their own commands...(Devices have to have Midi thru(sometimes you can use out for thru, but you have to adjust then...), apart from that, you`ll have to split/merge Midi line to trigger more devices ( I have my Midi controller merged with Drum Computer to have control of changes per controller, and Drum Computer remotes all timings(Midi out from controller is splitted before, to also control Drum Computer...)))
    If your controller allows 2-way-Midi-communication with KPA, you can also remain using i/o for controller and use the Midi thru to remote the h9 (the commands of your controller are passed THRU the KPA).
    And last but not least, KPA can send commands even with Midi thru port (but be aware controller commands are NOT passing THRU anymore then...)

Hope that was your Question...?

Edited once, last by aehaem ().

• I'm awaiting an Mission Engineering expression pedal that I'll plug into my Kemper remote to play with Kemper effects on the fly.
    I know it's a long shot.... but can anyone see a way of this setup being able to double up and control H9 expression effects also? (without running another lead back to the H9).
    Some sort of lead from the Kemper to the H9 expression pedal jack that's getting a reading through the foot remote.