My experiences with Kemper Store

• Hello all, my first post here. I'm from New Zealand.

Long time viewer in the forum but finally ditched my axe fx 2 (nothing wrong with that excellent product, I just not bonded with it well) have ordered a black toaster about a month ago.

It wasn't an easy decision to part with AF2 as I'm just an average joe trying to make a living and had to sell it off to make up the fund to get Kemper.

I think I have been trying to be patient and do appreciate some things take time and all, but so far I haven't been quite pleased with the experiences so far.

Kemper Store in my opinion is actually worse than any online stores I've dealt with. The website (the store in particular) is slow and buggy, I've managed to order the product but the website barred from me joining the forum (saying they have sent the activation code which I've never received, and the Kemper Staff initially told me they've never received anything from me, he was wrong) which I've ended up talking to one of the staffs to correct this issue so here I am.

The world we live in today, you order a product (regardless the price tag), you get a full tracking & update on the shipping until it arrive at your door. I've had a full tracking of getting a laptop battery which showed what country it was at, and where it got scanned lastly.

Probably it was my fault in the first place to accept this 'DHL' free shipping. Pardon my ignorance but in my book the name DHL tells me (usually) good and fast service.

It turns out that Kemper uses a very slow parcel package (which the name DHL goes for as a standard German postal service) which is not trackable at all once it leaves Germany. It also took 10 days to leave Germany alone.

Staffs have been reasonably helpful considering the time difference although few occasions I had to send few more emails to get a single response.

The point of all my blabbering here is if there are any prospective buyers around the world (especially if you live far from Germany), DO NOT use the free shipping. It is extremely slow service and will leave you in the dark for weeks and weeks just hoping it will someday arrive in your hands safely. You will NOT be able to track once it leave Germany, and the staff will just tell you it's in the hands of the contractors so there isn't a thing they can do.
    Take all the time and do your homework to clarify with the staff what exact shipping service you are getting, before proceeding with the purchase.

Otherwise you spend thousands Euros and will be left in a complete dark, just hoping it will turn up someday for many weeks. Kemper Store will just say the order status as 'complete' as the goods is sent off, and will probably do nothing. It's completely not worth going to that path.

Sorry if my post is seen as impatient one here, but all I was after was just the ability to see where exactly the package was, and what the ETA is from the point and on.

Hopely my next post will be in the 'registered' forum once I finally receive the unit.

Happy playing folks.

• Thanks for sharing you experience. And welcome.

• Welcome!! Sorry you are in the dark about the arrival of your KPA. I think everyone understands your anxiety and anticipation without being able to see whats going on with the new addition you ordered. Check out the thread on the Kemper remote when the ordering actually took place and folks were waiting for months for delivery. Not a pretty thread. Fortunately you don't have to wait that long but good advice for those ordering in your position.

• Thank you all for such kind words. Yes I'm stoked about the change and hopely will it arriving soon!
    Happy playing all :)

We have all been there, keep us posted on the arrival!! and the smile on your face when you open it and start jamming :thumbup:

>>>Don't forget to register your KPA as it will get you into the private section of the forums. That's where all the hidden secrets to the KPA exist ;)

• I have an entirely different experience regarding delivery. Yes, it took about one week, to get my order acknowledged by Kemper (I had some chat with the sales staff). But when the order was actually sent, it took even less time for the delivery. Expected time was 5 days, but it arrived after 3 days. ANd I'm far away from Germany (Japan it is).And it was free delivery.

• I have an entirely different experience regarding delivery. Yes, it took about one week, to get my order acknowledged by Kemper (I had some chat with the sales staff). But when the order was actually sent, it took even less time for the delivery.…

Kemper came back to me with an OA pretty much next day, and the unit was in stock. So yeah I didn't expect this much delay at the end.
    More than the delay itself, I just wanna know where the heck it is. Makes me super nervous. :(

• Yes actually at both ends - DHL Germany is hopeless to get any info out of.. :thumbdown:
    Local NZ post here won't be able to help until it actually touches down. They advised me to contact Kemper. Then Kemper tells me not to worry LOL

So there is nothing you can really do in-between but wait.

Thanks tho for trying to help out mate..

• Yes actually at both ends - DHL Germany is hopeless to get any info out of.. :thumbdown:

That's odd. I shipped items with DHL before (incl. different countries of Europe) and when you have a shipment number you can easily track it down here:
    http://www.dhl.de/en.html

• Sucks that happened. One thing I found out (the hard way) from a package shipped Swiss Post to the U.S. was that after it clears customs, the package is passed off to a separate company in the country of origin. In the US, this is either USPS, UPS, or FedEx, but generally USPS, depending on the size of the package and its destination. While the shipping information online doesn't tell you who it passed it to, it's pretty much guaranteed that the tracking number stays the same. You can hit the major names with your tracking number until something comes up.

It is annoying, sure. I get it. It sucks to have to deal with this. It's one the reasons I'm happy (though I didn't want to at the time) that I bought used.

Either way, welcome to the forums, and enjoy your new hotness.

Guitars: Parker Fly Mojo Flame, Ibanez RG7620 7-string, Legator Ninja 8-string, Fender Strat & Tele, Breedlove Pro C25
    Pedalboard: Templeboards Trio 43, Mission VM-1, Morley Bad Horsie, RJM Mini Effect Gizmo, 6 Degrees FX Sally Drive, Foxpedals The City, Addrock Ol' Yeller, RJM MMGT/22, Mission RJM EP-1, Strymon Timeline + BigSky
    Stack: Furman PL-Plus C, Kemper Rack

• Yes actually at both ends - DHL Germany is hopeless to get any info out of..
    Local NZ post here won't be able to help until it actually touches down. They advised me to contact Kemper. Then Kemper tells me not to worry LOL

Once the shipment leaves Germany, we cannot track it anymore. Also, the tracking number becomes useless to us because the local, receiving carrier abroad might just use their own tracking numbers. NZ Post theoretically could help, they are the only ones who know the associated local tracking number but only once the parcel is on their territory. Before that, during international transit it will be very difficult to get an ETA. This is the simple truth about DHL and many others utilizing a partner network for deliveries. There are different options (UPS, FedEx etc.) but those come with a price so different that we wouldn't be able to offer free shipment into e.g. New Zealand.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• Agreed with doug. I used to sell power amps for the Profiler worldwide, and when the parcel was passed to the local courier the tracking number remained the same.
    You could try and contact DHL in order to ask who's their partner for NZ.

Welcome BTW, and have fun with your device when it arrives :)

• It seems that the tracking numbers from Post office especially is a local thing . Gets as far as the border and then when it reaches the other side it gets a new number .. Now is that dumb or what? Whats the use of a tracking number then anyway. For some fun you should try using the South African postal system mate.! 3 months to get plectrums from the UK !
    I have an inkling its a Custom thing but could be wrong.