Depth/resonance simulation

• Hi everyone

I miss a function like the depth/resonance knob which is in the poweramp section of many tube amps.

The KPA has a bass, middle, treble and a presence knob, but no "antagonist" to the presence knob.

I started a thread in another section a while ago but got no reply. I tried to emulate this with the parametric eq but did not really get where I want to (earthshaking bass fundament basically), so I profiled my tube amp with depth button set to almost max, and was able to take this as starting point. However I cannot emulate this exactly with other rigs.

As the physical knobs are set, would there be the chance to have such function somewhere in a menu? Thanks.

Cheers

Richy

• Hi , any idea of the frequencies involved ? maybe analyze it with a spectrum analysis VST tool with and without the FX ?

If you got the frequency and the value of the boost, use the internal KPA stomp EQ dialed to this value, and you're done.

But that would be great to have this boost as a new stomp FX ( Depth boost stomp with a single depth knob )

• What does this Resonance parameter control actually?

In the Cab section there are two parameters to control the resonance frequencies of the cab... might this help you?

• Unfortunately not waraba, but yes, such a stomb would be exactly what I am talking about.

@vibracroce: as I plug the kpa directly in a 4x12 box, the cab section is disabled. But trying to describe it, this function gives the "ooomph" to the sound (i feel so silly with this expression, but do not know how to tell exactly). It must bee the deepest fequencies the amp is handling.

Trying to be a little bit more exact, I am talking about relativly high gain sounds, and I am perfectly aware that it is recommmended to cut too deep frequencies for the sake of clarity. But in my world it works perfectly, for my taste at least.

• Just want to check - you put the parametric EQ AFTER the stack, right?