Bug List for users

• It would be very helpful for users to have a permanentely updated buglist from kemper until a new fixed update comes up.
    I have inspected that the volumelink is not working correct in latest fw. It takes time to check it out and finally i come to an end and send a pm to hj scheffler. hjscheffler from the kpa team is a very smart guy and he answers me that it is a bug and it will be solved in next updates. So for me it is important that every one of you have this information. A list of inspected bugs would be helpful, so if someone has inspected one bug and have sent it to the support, they can put it on a list,comment it and if you expect a bug, you can have a first look at this list and you see that is known or unknown by kpa team and you dont waste your time with testing again and again and you think you have a defect unit.
    BTW: Latest fw and a bug in mainout link and monitor link? If you set the links and you change the volume, the volume goes up different and the main out is louder or less loud than the monitor out. Strange after so many fw releases and strange that it is not solved, because the kpa team knows it. I think those bugs or releases with such bugs make competitors laugh and i understand those guys who are saying that the kpa software is not stable. Such a bug has to be solved before a release will be done, because this is obvious.

cheers
    Frank

• Is it a bug or a feature? ;)

Just kiddin'. +1 to that
    this list could be posted in the "announcement" section. could it not?

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• Not a bad idea as it might make things easier for the K-team, too, by decreasing mails referring to the same bug.

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• I do agree that currently it is hard to track, what has been raised/requested. Threads are mess, there are multiple requests over the same issue.
    1st thing to improve is auto response mail from Support - there is no Subject and the Ticket text itself. So after few days I may have forgotten, what was in this ticket.
    To the users: please vote for what you find important. For example I voted here.

• +1
    Good idea
    I reported the Output Volume bug some weeks ago. In my opinion it is a strange behavior.

This is exactely what i mean. You have reported it too and nobody knows it. Maybe its reported several times and next week another user find it out and waste his time with this issue. One look in a bug list will solve it.
    Strange for me that it is not solved directely by the kpa team, because most uf us are using the kpa live and it is not so fine to have an output bug.

• Sorry to rain on your parade, but to me a bug list as requested is not very useful.
    Here is why:
    1. For the support team itself it is not useful because a user experiencing a bug would read the list and perhaps decide to not communicate the bug with the support team again ( in case it is already listed).
    Support team OTOH has often stated that they depend on as many bug reports as possible to confirm bugs and track them down.
    2. For the users it's equally not very useful except maybe for a 'I'm not alone with having this bug' feeling. Because, as I said before, a list would likely prevent too many users to to not report their own bug properly and thus prolong bug fixing time.
    So all in all I think it's a rather bad idea.

• Sorry to rain on your parade, but to me a bug list as requested is not very useful.
    Here is why:
    1. For the support team itself it is not useful because a user experiencing a bug would read the list and perhaps decide to not communicate the bug with the support team again ( in case it is already listed).
    Support team OTOH has often stated that they depend on as many bug reports as possible to confirm bugs and track them down.
    2. For the users it's equally not very useful except maybe for a 'I'm not alone with having this bug' feeling. Because, as I said before, a list would likely prevent too many users to to not report their own bug properly and thus prolong bug fixing time.
    So all in all I think it's a rather bad idea.

I gracefully disagree with you :)
    Having bug list does not stop the users from reporting the bugs they may have found. Bug list can start with sentence: REPORT THE BUGZZ!, even they are already reported.
    Having bug list is also a way to show to the users, that a behavior has been identified as a bug. It may not be comfortable to share such list for support though ;)
    Having bug list allows to track defect lifecycle.
    Off course it's all to Kemper support, but I've been around software development for blah blah years and close collaboration with users is always beneficial for both sides.
    So all in all I think it's a rather good idea. But it would require both Kemper support and users to focus in cooperation.
    I can't remember who (maybe it was @DamianGreda) but it was mentioned that group of users could contribute as testers or so...

• You could do a bug list that is read only, until a bug report is sent, and then you could add to it for all to see. Maybe some exclusive profile for every validated bug find, to act as encouragement. Everyone gets a bug list and the Kemper team get bug reports.