My live performance requirements -TG

• For the past 17 years I've been using a Johnson Millennium because it was the only self-contained rig that could replicate every tone and effect I need to perform my album recordings on stage.

I'm intrigued by the Kemper, and I will buy one or two immediately IF I can do these things simultaneously:
    1. Morph between a clean tone and a rhythm/lead crunch with the sweep of an expression pedal
    2. Have trailing effects/delay decays remain active after switching channels/presets (kill input to A when switching to B, but allow A echoes to tail off)
    3. Control a dozen of any chosen parameter(s) with an expression pedal in real time (for solo gain/effects)
    Can the Kemper do these things?
    Is there any timeline on adding one or more of these capabilities?

Thanks,
    Terry

• Point 2 can be done and is the default behaviour of the delay in the most recent firmware. As for points 1 and 3, these are things that have been requested for some time and are surely in the works, given that there are inputs for four expression pedals in the Remote (giving a total of 6 possible expression pedal inputs, given the two on the Profiler itself). There was a mysterious teaser video, posted on youtube by Kemper's PR guy, that hints at a new function that some people have speculated in a recent thread could be used to transition between two effects settings or profiles/presets, but doesn't appear to provide any control via an expression pedal unfortunately. I'm sure that they'll implement this sooner rather than later, though. The KPA is great and I can't imagine going back to life without my two, but maybe you should hang back a while before taking the jump, as it doesn't currently meet your requirements.

• Terry, give a look at the MIDI parameter documentation. Every parameter in the Profiler can be controlled via MIDI. Might this work for you (would address point 3.)?

As for morphing, this can only be achieved by using 2 units ATM.

:)