Melodyne Software (German Video)

• I don't know what V3 is. Editor stopped at V2 and jumped to V4. Did a cheaper version go to V3 and use different shortcuts?

I've not seen any difference in my workflow, but then again, I'm not a power user.

• I don't know what V3 is. Editor stopped at V2 and jumped to V4. Did a cheaper version go to V3 and use different shortcuts?

I've not seen any difference in my workflow, but then again, I'm not a power user.

I'd like to know, too, being a former V2 user.
    I never used Melodyne to an extent where I was much in key commands, unlike my use of Logic, for example.
    Overall very pleased with what V4 does.

• That thread was very useful in identifying a bug early that the company took seriously and fixed.

I do think that a lot of the new features have been lost in the sea of complaints over the loss of certain key commands that for all we know might be reinstated. All in all, if you take away the commands, you still have a much more stable program. My transport wouldn't always work right. Sometimes cut out. I'd often have to work in standalone for stability. I couldn't resize the window before, now I can (although there must be a bug because I have to grab it 3 times to work)

To me it's as big an upgrade as Omnisphere 2 is for 2015. But I do understand the frustration those who used key commands are. I don't rely on pitch fixing to such an extent I need to save hours by using such commands. Although rather than do that, I might work on my sofage instead!

• Here is my view on Melodyne 4 now, as I've just tried to tune some vocals for a whole song. I'm missing CTRL Z it doesn't work and deletes in pro tools, so you have to drag the mouse to edit and select undo :( this is very time consuming. Also space bar used to work for starting the vocal in Melodyne itself but this no longer works you have to double click the mouse. Again another work flow stopper :( ive also noticed that sometimes it's becomes a little laggy when editing fast, I never suffered this is studio 3. Ive also noticed a slight change in the way editing pitch drift works. I do like the visual way of editing with Harmonies now that's very good and has made it quicker and easier for me. A song that would of probably taken me 45-60 mins to tune took me nearly 2 hours. Until some of these issues are sorted I think I'll stick to studio 3 i just don't have time for these work flow stoppers which is a shame as I just really want to love this new version but at the min I can't :(

• There is some miscommunication here.

I'm on Macbook using LPX or Studio One 3 and both using Melodyne do UNDO using "Command-Z" so is this a PC thing or other DAW implementation issue?

Every command I've used before is the same, but I don't go deep into key commands. The few I used work the same tho.

Space bar starts and stops the run. Reverting to the initial start place upon stop in Studio.
    In Logic it will start where I double click it, stop if I hit the space bar, start from where the songs cursor is if I hit the space bar to RUN.

Edited once, last by db9091 ().

• The main issue I've noticed is when playing the new graphic images are sometimes off but correct as the prompt gets to them.

Annoying. But stopping and restarting fixes it.

The other issue is sometimes using the sweep to grab a few notes sometimes gets misread and dropped you back in time and down the MIDI notes a few, which is strange and disorienting. Only 2 bugs I've seen. The newer stability otherwise is well worth the 2 bugs. I've only scratched the surface on the new features and it's a lot to take in, but I can see the scope is exponentially beyond the other one. Definitely an industry leader.

Some say there are better pitch algorithms if you stray far, but there is that thing called singing and playing that should come in at that point. You can change a minor key to major no problem, but if you want to go to an entirely different chord 4 semi-tones away, well, yeah, you probably got other problems than you pitch software.

• That CTRL-Z thing drove me nuts on Editor 1.0/2.0
    On the standalone version, there was no problem using that regular shortcut, but on the plugin instance, it would close the plugin, deleting any editing you'd just spent half an hour on. VERY frustrating, especially when CTRL-Z has gone beyond muscle memory and into twitch, almost hard-coded territory...

I'll upgrade eventually, but dont have the need right now.