Rig switching times

• Yello!!

I had a Kemper in September 2015. As far as I remember I was unhappy with the switching times, but I've turned a lot of tricks and smoked a lot of weed and crack cocaine since then, so my memory isn't what it once was. <X

Can anyone confirm what the rig switching time is currently like, and does it differ from foot controller to foot controller??

thinking about picking up the Powerhead + Remote set from Thomann once they get delivery from their supplier.

• I use the kemper with a fairly old pedalboard, the rocktron all access, which is a nice one but a bit obsolete as far as software and microchips technology. well, with it I get virtually instant change in profiles. and I do live a lot, so I need an instant change when I need it.

so I can tell you that the kpa is fine even with an old pedal thing.

the only thing that I witnessed got slower is the saving process when pressing the store button (fw 3.2.1), but I guess this is due to the fact many info have to be saved, much more than before.

playing wise though, no problem at all

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• I don't notice any switching delays, it's very fast.
    Da Schehf uploaded this video demo

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Maurizio70 posted this here on the kemper forum.

"Did some test on both my old Boss GT-10 and the Kemper:

- Boss GT --> Switching time 36 ms with almost 30 ms of mute signal
    - KPA --> Switching time as Don said of 16 ms with no interruption of the signal (only fade out / fade in)

So, a very big improvement respect to the Boss, even more than I
    expected. Moreover the KPA maintein the Delay/Reverb tails of the
    previous Rig perfectly when switchign to the new one. So, if the
    starting sound have delay/rev activated really you cannot notice any
    drop in volume when we switch rigs. I'm more worried for late human
    reaction time with our foot ))
    Don't know if someone have the data of the AxeFX..."

Sleepdead posted this.
    "Axe Fx2 has 20-30ms dropout time according to Cliff himself.
    Even POD HD Pro has 16 ms dropout."

• See the attached picture.

The bottom trace is a mic listening to my foot hit the FCB1010 switch. The top trace is the output of the kemper going from a heavy distorted patch to a quieter clean patch.

The time below the traces is in seconds, so we are looking at around 100 mSec ... or 1/10th of a second. That is pretty darned quick.

This was done in performance mode.

[Blocked Image: http://www.mtomidnight.com/images/delay%20with%202.6%20beta.jpg]

• cheers guys! It certainly seems faster. I don't remember it being that fast with my FCB1010, but I'm gonna go Remote anyways.

Well, it wasn't for some time.

I think the above trace was done on the 2.6 Beta which fixed the original switching time. I have a post around here somewhere where I posted the old firmware and the new firmware along with several runs averaged which was much more comprehensive. The end result was that it was previously around 200-400mSec and with the new firmware, it was between 80-120 mSec.

I haven't done the test since then, but I gig the unit and practice with it all the time and haven't had any reason to check since the switch is "instant" as far as I can hear.