Contest entry from KPA presenter John Huldt

• Hope that's ok AND the right place? Just found it on YT:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• Yeah, he's brilliant. I think that whenever he just stands somewhere or eats something, inside his head he only hears those strange scale runs instead of any real thoughts... 8o

Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• You know, I marvel at how expressionless he can be whilst playing challenging stuff, stuff that's beyond impossible for me no matter what face I pull.

Take for example is upward bends in this vid. Watch the corners of his mouth-most players will contract one side of their faces when making "significant" bends (ones that mean something). The eye closes a little, the cheek rises and the corner of the mouth twitches upward, all on the same side of the face. Somehow, John avoids all of these movements. Some players avoid some but not all of them, and very few do it "John style".

IIRC, even Roger Pedersen, whilst being able to play virtually expressionless, isn't in John's league of deadpan.

• You know, I marvel at how expressionless he can be whilst playing challenging stuff, stuff that's beyond impossible for me no matter what face I pull.

Take for example is upward bends in this vid. Watch the corners of his mouth-most players will contract one side of their faces when making "significant" bends (ones that mean something). The eye closes a little, the cheek rises and the corner of the mouth twitches upward, all on the same side of the face. Somehow, John avoids all of these movements. Some players avoid some but not all of them, and very few do it "John style".

IIRC, even Roger Pedersen, whilst being able to play virtually expressionless, isn't in John's league of deadpan.

Exactly what I feel when watching this. It's a bit scary though ;(
    ^^