All the three guitar players of the RAI National Orchestra supplying live music for the artists performing @ the Sanremo Festival while I post are using The Profiler

• If you youtube for

sanremo 2016

rights allowing, you should be able to see several performances as well :)
    Pretty sure, when the band has got no guitarist, you'll be able to hear the Orchestra's Kempers :)

• Well, the Stadio specifically are a good rock group, with great performers. Portera is quite famous as a guitarist, and you may have noticed that the singer ends with a D, at almost 60 years of age :)
    They had been the band of Lucio Dalla, a great singer-songwriter, just like The Band for Dylan. Dalla died in 2012, they have played an homage to him by showing his picture in the background and having him sing some lines (when the singer takes the mic away from his mouth).
    Quite touchy for Italians :)

• I can see of course they're quite talented professionals, perhaps the genre isn't my cup of tea per se :) But all the kidding aside, I tend to enjoy listening to great musicians no matter what kind of music they play. Cheers for the link!

• I feel you :)
    The Sanremo Festival is one of those situations where artists have to present something quite catchy, appealing and easy-listening (for the average Italian listener), because the juries vote in real time. So everything becomes watered down if you know what I mean :)
    Heck, 50% TV share after all! A business that generates tens of millions...

• Luca Colombo, First Guitar in the RAI (Italian's National Broadcasting Company) National Orchestra, shows the Orchestra's "Guitar quarters" during the Sanremo Festival, the gear he used and his Kempers.
    Note the First Unit is powered and goes into a cab to get some feedback that was required in the arrangements.
    Th Second and Third Guitars had two Profilers each as well.

Not sure this video goes out of FB, let me know :)

Italian only, I am afraid. But it's nice to see how a big band works on such an important event (90 elements playing live on National broadcasting for 5 days and supporting tens of different artists and performances).

https://www.facebook.com/Lucac…/videos/1119584211394665/

• easy-listening (for the average Italian listener

I can enjoy easy-listening Music and do not evaluate it as a less valued Music.
    It's not so easy to write entertaining music with high level without forcing an audience for intellectual high performance.
    I found the video worth seeing, the arrangement clever and a very good singer.
    I remember dark in some translations of Lucio Dallas texts, but I can not consider the effect of the words.
    Personally, mostly I love to hear jazz and classical music and of course, already from nostalgic reasons, the rock/pop music of my younger life period.

• Recently a friend of mine and me were on a concert (Stuttgart, Germany, Kevin Bourani).

Formerly on concerts it often was: "lets go to the stage and see what amps and gear they use"

This time we were joking: "lets go to the stage and see where the kemper is" (without knowing, if they actually use kemper) -
    ha, we were right!

Martin