Help needed from Kemper Officials Or Touring Kemper Users

• Hi everyone,

I'm a professional guitarist and bassist touring and working, who has had a Kemper for a few months now. I have used it at home in the browser mode to play with for fun but have struggled continuously to get it to work in performance mode. Because of this I have held back from using it in my professional work which is really annoying me now because I got it to make things easier. I work in theatre, as well as with various of artists in different styles. I don't have a kemper remote and so bought the Behringer FCB1010 and then the un0 chip as that was recommended to me on here and installed it.

I've got my next two month tour coming up in May for which I am supposed to be preparing for while currently still gigging with other artists. Instead, I'm spending so much time trying to get this kemper unit to work, change patches and not do anything funny. It really is just becoming nearly useless until I can sort it out.

The problems I'm having:

The FCB1010 was pretty much impossible to use before I installed the chip, now it does work but I still don't know how to assign things from the FX loop section in my kemper (delay for example).

Currently now it does change to the rigs that I have put into a performance mode, however if I tweak the EQ on the fly like an ordinary amp, flick to another rig for my lead sound and back again. The EQ on the sound I was originally using resets.

I'm running it into cabinets but cannot seem to permanently turn the cabinet emulation off. Every time I click back to another rig, the cabinet emulation comes on. This goes for any rigs I switch to with the midi board. I've seen multiple artists explain that it is possible to send an emulation out to the front of house, while your cab behind you is still used. When I'm not using my in ears for shows, I would like this to be possible.

I want to set it up so that the performances I configure for the theatre tours I do, the artists I play for, are there permanently. I have good friends that use Kemper units on tour with major pop artists and I assume kemper seems to support them but due to us not being in one place at the same time, I'm unable to meet with them for them to help. Is there anyway that someone from Kemper can directly help me?

I have read through the reference manual so many times but still seem to struggle with setting this unit up.

Thanks,
    Ben Bullett Mortlock.

• Currently now it does change to the rigs that I have put into a performance mode, however if I tweak the EQ on the fly like an ordinary amp, flick to another rig for my lead sound and back again. The EQ on the sound I was originally using resets.

You have to save the Performance after tweaking for it not to reset when switching via midi. Use the arrow keys on the front of unit to switch without losing changes between saves, however, I recommend saving after every tweak, so as not to lose everything that one time you forget and stomp on the FCB.

I've seen multiple artists explain that it is possible to send an emulation out to the front of house, while your cab behind you is still used. When I'm not using my in ears for shows, I would like this to be possible.

In the Output section menu, scroll to the page with the soft option of Cabs off on Monitor Out. It's explained in the manual.

I want to set it up so that the performances I configure for the theatre tours I do, the artists I play for, are there permanently.

Once Performances are set up and saved, they are stored permanently. Just remember to keep a current backup of your system on a USB key and you'll be fine.

• I'm running it into cabinets but cannot seem to permanently turn the cabinet emulation off.
    [...]
    Is there anyway that someone from Kemper can directly help me?

Thanks,
    Ben Bullett Mortlock.

sambrox answered pretty much all your questions. If you want to use another output as monitor out and like to have the cab off on all your rigs, you have to switch it off and lock the cab.

Regarding your last question: You can try to call Kemper support.

• Thanks guys, I appreciate this. I didn't know how helpful this forum could be, in the past I didn't find people's responses to be very useful. Then having recently posted about these issues in other guitar forums, it really was just aggravating the amount of 'I don't have that problem with an ordinary amp' responses I'd get, not actually helping resolve issues.

I guess it's such a big unit and it's difficult to balance going through every little detail of it to set it up, with the work I do.