Wah-to-Morph-Option

• Hello,

I'm using the Behringer FCB1010 with Uno4Kemper ROM to controll my Kemper. Now I'm a little bit disappointed, that I cannot use the Morph Feature with it. I have this big useless wah-pedal, which I never use, because I don't like and need wahs and I cannot use it for the morphing feature. Why?

Please make a wah-to-morph-pedal-option available. I mean, it's basically mapping CC#1 to CC#11, isn't it?

• I guess that's what he wanted to say.
    Same here, I am also a little bit angry because it was annonced by Kemper that the new function morphing will be supported by the FCB1010. Everybody thought that there will be the option "wah to morph".
    Now we have the opposite.
    Maybe they want the people to buy the Kemper remote?

• Maybe the Uno4Kemper ROM just isn't made for this new feature. Note that this Uno4Kemper-thing is not a Kemper-thing, but provided by a third party factory if I remember correct.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• Yes, with wah pedal I mean the left expression pedal on the FCB, which sends CC#1 messages.

So, the wah pedal on the FCB sends CC#1 values. The Kemper's morph feature listens to CC#11 value changes (Thats what the manual says). So it would be quite easy to add a feature which just "translates" or mappes CC#1 messages to CC#11 messages. As a bonus, the translation could only be done if there's no wah in the rig's effect blocks, so the basic wah functionality stays available when needed.

Code
    if (wah in rig) then
        use wah pedal as wah pedal (CC#1 stays CC#1)
    else
        use wah pedal as morph pedal (CC#1 mapped to CC#11)
  • Yes, with wah pedal I mean the left expression pedal on the FCB, which sends CC#1 messages.

So, the wah pedal on the FCB sends CC#1 values. The Kemper's morph feature listens to CC#11 value changes (Thats what the manual says). So it would be quite easy to add a feature which just "translates" or mappes CC#1 messages to CC#11 messages. As a bonus, the translation could only be done if there's no wah in the rig's effect blocks, so the basic wah functionality stays available when needed.

Code
    if (wah in rig) then
        use wah pedal as wah pedal (CC#1 stays CC#1)
    else
        use wah pedal as morph pedal (CC#1 mapped to CC#11)

Can you tell where to insert this code?

• i´m also disappointed that uno4kpa doesnt´work. so i´ll have to buy a separate pedal, which i´ll have to carry with me :(

Cry Baby Slash Classic Wah -> KPA -> main to FOH ->KRK6 -> Monitor out DXR10 -> EXP DVP3 -> Remote: Guitars: Slash Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop - James Tyler Variax JTV59 - Epiphone Les Paul with EMG 81 - Furch GN2 Nylon -> Maybach Lester 60 -> Kemper Powered Cab -/ Focusrite Scarlett

• I just wanted to start a feature request and then saw that this is already open :)

Kemper please add a switch that you can wah -> morph or vol -> morph !

That are the information you can find in the manual (Page 56)

Pedal Links
    If you don't want to carry four pedals to a gig, but still would like to access all these features, you can link pedal nodes instead. This allows you to optimize your setup by using one physical pedal for several functions. You will find four options in the System menu on the “Pedal Links” page:
    MorphPedal to Wah
    WahPedal to Volume
    MorphPedal to Pitch
    WahPedal to Pitch

Can you tell where to insert this code?

You can not insert the code anywhere. It was just an example how simple this feature would be.

• Wah-to-Morph seems like it should be a no brainer. +1

However, for bonus points, I'd like Wah-to-Morph to ALSO not disable the wah. i.e. If I have morphing set up and there's a wah effect in the patch, my wah pedal should control both the wah and the morph.

No it is not a no brainer, because when you are using for example Eureka for FCB1010 you did not have the possibility to use the morph. And as there are the options to link the pedals to other effects, as described in my earlier post, why not wah to morph?

• Hey,
    So does anybody know when it will be implemented?
    An FCB1010 user here, and I can't use that morph function...
    latest firmware installed

just thoughts
    MorphPedal to Wah
    MorphPedal to Pitch

these functions are useless if you don't have at least 1 additional pedal
    why should I see those options in the first place if I have only 2 pedals?

WahPedal to Pitch
    And suddenly I can use wah to pitch but not to morph, seriously?