Fender Custom Shop Dual Professional Direct Profile

• Hiya!

My first attempt at a Direct Profile,just the amp, and the Kemper DI box. Just uploaded to Rig Exchange a direct profile of my Fender Custom Shop Dual Professional amp. This is one of my favorite clean sounds, and these amps are generally regarded as some of the best quality Fender has ever produced. This was the Bruce Zinky design which was in the same series as the ToneMaster and VibroKing. Great amps! I am getting some great sounds using Ownhammer cabs and the ToneMaster cab from TAF!

Hope you can find some use from it! On RE under "Dual Pro 1 Dir".

I have a Analogman King of Tone pedal that I may try to make a few profiles of. Bit of a learning curve with levels etc.

Cheers!

[Blocked Image: http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g373/taylormesa/IMG_5791_zpsqt3fft3w.jpg]

• Sounds killer with a number of different cabs of mine, thank you! What were your settings?? Alittle tip you may want to try: when profiling and it asks you clean or overdriven amp, select overdrive no matter what the amount of gain: this seems to work better to my ears, especially as that fine line between broken up and clean is reached. Also I would absolutely love some KOT profiles in front of this amp, especially pushing it on the edge of break up! Direct amp profiles or a few of that setup would be extrmely appreciated on my end atleast :)

• Ok seeiously everyone needs to hear this rig on their own 1x12 or 2x12 cab. This gave me chills playing through my avatar 2x12 with G12H30s. Absolutely killed. Comp up front, TS to taste, reverb to taste, some slapback delay and man, I could sit on this all night. Thanks so much for this rig, if you can't make this and the stock tubescreamer sound good nothing will make you happy!

• So glad you are getting good results with the profile VESmedic! This afternoon I will make a few profiles with the King of Tone ( orange channel, red channel and stacked ). I have a buddy who owns a Klon STR that I will try to profile as well. I agree, however that the Kemper Green/Tubescreamer sounds pretty amazing!

The Dual Professional amp is pretty unique in the 'Fender world". A lot of people say that it's like a Twin, but actually the only thing in common with a Twin are 6L6 Tubes and 2x12 config. The amp itself is closer to a Brownface Vibroverb, only it's 100 watts which tends to give a bit more headroom/bigger sound. They are making a bit of a comeback in that John Mayer's ( like him or not :) ) recent Periscope played one that he owns, and says it's one of his favorite amps of all time.

Thanks for the tip on profiling with 'overdrive', I will definitely give that a shot!

• So glad you are getting good results with the profile VESmedic! This afternoon I will make a few profiles with the King of Tone ( orange channel, red channel and stacked ). I have a buddy who owns a Klon STR that I will try to profile as well. I agree, however that the Kemper Green/Tubescreamer sounds pretty amazing!

The Dual Professional amp is pretty unique in the 'Fender world". A lot of people say that it's like a Twin, but actually the only thing in common with a Twin are 6L6 Tubes and 2x12 config. The amp itself is closer to a Brownface Vibroverb, only it's 100 watts which tends to give a bit more headroom/bigger sound. They are making a bit of a comeback in that John Mayer's ( like him or not :) ) recent Periscope played one that he owns, and says it's one of his favorite amps of all time.

Thanks for the tip on profiling with 'overdrive', I will definitely give that a shot!

awesome! This amp really is great, so under looked. I believe Danny groh who plays for Alan jackson in his live band used one. Just punchy and huge sounding. Would love to hear the KOT in front as well as the klon and maybe stacked? you ROck dude!

• I doubt many people who are into this amp have tonehammers profiles, but his big 4x12s with V30s make this amp sound great. I also absolutely love a Marshall G12M loaded 4x12 from gold lion audio micd with a single R101; my favorite right now. My personnel sm57 on a bogner 4x12 cab (all of these are merged) sounds fantastic as well.

• Sounds killer with a number of different cabs of mine, thank you! What were your settings?? Alittle tip you may want to try: when profiling and it asks you clean or overdriven amp, select overdrive no matter what the amount of gain: this seems to work better to my ears, especially as that fine line between broken up and clean is reached. Also I would absolutely love some KOT profiles in front of this amp, especially pushing it on the edge of break up! Direct amp profiles or a few of that setup would be extrmely appreciated on my end atleast :)

Ok, I loaded the following profiles on RE!

Dual Pro Klon ( Klon STR pedal )
    Dual Pro KOT Yl ( Analogman King of Tone - NO high gain mod - Yellow drive - low gain/edge of Breakup )
    Dual Pro KOT Rd ( Red drive - more of a TS type of drive, but much 'smoother' IMHO )
    Dual Pro KOT Stk ( Stacked - Yellow and Red drives both engaged )

I used and American Strat with Seymour Duncan Antiquities series pickups with JB in bridge and Texas Hot's in Middle and Neck. Settings on the amp were pretty much as shown in the picture. Adjusted very slightly with some of the drive pedals. That amp sounds pretty amazing right out of the box! Apologies in advance as it was difficult to get the levels in parity from one rig to the next, but you can always adjust the volume in the Amplifier parameters. Played through them with different cabs for just a while, and they are workin' just fine for me! Hope you can get some good tones as well!!

Cheers!

• Thank you so very much, Ken!

I noticed it's been almost 2 years since your last upload. Seems only the best will do, eh? :D

Absolutely, hope you can find a use for the profiles!

haha! Yes, it would certainly appear so! In reality, I had a Kemper a few years ago but then sold it for a Friedman/Two Notes Torpedo setup, then Amplifire, etc., etc..... As of a month ago, I am once again a Kemper owner. I must say that I couldn't be happier! Direct profiles, pure cabinet, space settings, and remote make the Kemper virtually unbeatable!!

• Absolutely, hope you can find a use for the profiles!

haha! Yes, it would certainly appear so! In reality, I had a Kemper a few years ago but then sold it for a Friedman/Two Notes Torpedo setup, then Amplifire, etc., etc..... As of a month ago, I am once again a Kemper owner. I must say that I couldn't be happier! Direct profiles, pure cabinet, space settings, and remote make the Kemper virtually unbeatable!!

Mate, it is unbeatable IMHO!