Best profiles to try with a Fender Jaguar?

• So I just became a first time Fender Jaguar owner (mid-90's Japanese Thinline, hubba hubba), and I'm kinda blown away by how dramatically different this thing sounds than any other guitar I've ever played.

I've owned and played a lot of different kinds of guitars, and this one is by far the "most different" in terms of the sounds it gets. It's kind of like playing a time machine? Very woody and percussive. It's like it WANTS to play weird 60's psych-rock and spaghetti western stuff. Within 10 minutes of plugging it in last night I found myself playing licks and riffs I'd never played before. Neat experience.

As I'm coming to terms with the fact that this thing is a total "plunk-and-jangle box" (in a good way), I'm wondering if anybody out there who has a Jag could recommend some profiles that might sound especially good with it?

• So I just became a first time Fender Jaguar owner (mid-90's Japanese Thinline, hubba hubba), and I'm kinda blown away by how dramatically different this thing sounds than any other guitar I've ever played.

I've owned and played a lot of different kinds of guitars, and this one is by far the "most different" in terms of the sounds it gets. It's kind of like playing a time machine? Very woody and percussive. It's like it WANTS to play weird 60's psych-rock and spaghetti western stuff. Within 10 minutes of plugging it in last night I found myself playing licks and riffs I'd never played before. Neat experience.

As I'm coming to terms with the fact that this thing is a total "plunk-and-jangle box" (in a good way), I'm wondering if anybody out there who has a Jag could recommend some profiles that might sound especially good with it?

Hi Smitty,

I don't have a Fender Jag...but I imagine early to mid 60s "surf" / "rock-a-billy vibe would be well suited to the Jag. In which case, I would recommend a nice Fender profile, say a Vibrolux, or Twin or Deluxe Reverb, Showman, or Princeton reverb.