Updating the Profiler

• Hi! This been buggin me for two hours now:

Your Profiler needs a software update. Please install version 3.3.0 or higher.
    For more information, please point your browser to: http://www.kemperamps.com/start

aight, I download the fucking update and then when I´m plugin the usb stick into my profiler it says that there are no updates.

In case the current operating system installed on your Profiler is older than 1.8.2 Release you need
    to take an interim step and upgrade to 1.8.2 first, before you will be able to install current
    operating system. Operating system 1.8.2 Release can be downloaded from our web-page under
    category „Operating System Updates“.

but I don´t think that´s the case since when I press quick on my profiler it says that I have version: Release: 3.0.2 10951

:cursing:

• Have you tried just installing 3.3 or whatever the last of the 3 series was?

That´s what I´ve downloaded

viabcroce9 hours ago

Are you by any chance loading the .zip fle onto the stick?

Follow the instructions you found in the doc file that came with the KAOS.

That´s what I´ve done

• Did you do a backup of your system to that usb drive prior to attempting the update? Just wondering if that usb drive worked for a backup. If so then, it should recognize the update kaos.bin file if placed in the right folder.

• I've run into the occasional USB problem where the KPA doesn't see the stick. I don't know if this will work for you but ... here's my stupid pet trick:

I've found, while in Browse Mode, if I pull the usb stick all the way out, wait a second and push it back in, it somehow forces the KPA to "see" the stick and TA-DA! the update is now recognized.

Hope this helps. Best of luck!