Making profiles for Neve 1073 DI preamp

• Just got a Kemper, loving it. Was wondering if it was possible to profile my DI preamps? I'd like to get the sound on the road. I generally run my guitar signal DI through a Neve and get a lot of character and some eq on the way in. Can I make a profile for this? Is there a guide out there to the best way to go about profiling just a preamp?
    thanks

• Just hook it up as you would for any other direct profile as per Kemper instructions.

If you've got the 1073 pre and are only using the DI input, it'd be great to have the pre itself profiled and uploaded to the exchange; we've already got at least one other mic pre up there (Avalon?), but it'd be wonderful to have more IMHO. If there's EQ on it just set if flat or disengage it if there's a switch, unless you want to profile a bunch of settings as well. The flat, straight-up pre would be a great start 'though.

Give it a go and let us know how you travel, Tychomusic.

• awesome thanks for the info guys. tried it and having issues with distorting and levels, still trying to get a clean signal. and yes, for me the eq is what makes the 1073 as I generally don't use the mic pre. a boost around 820 does wonders for electric guitar.

• I'm no expert, but I think you have to specify during the profiling process that you'll be making a "Direct" profile.

You did that, right? Obviously this would involve signals of a way-different level than the Kemper's sending something to a guitar-input jack on an amp and the subsequent return from a mic...

• Sorry, I don't mean to hi jack the thread. Just came across this thread and I'm a big Tycho fan. Been a fan since the first time you came through my work at the Crofoot in Michigan years back. Any chance you would release profiles?

• I have some profiles on the exchange that I made of the Great River ME-1NV. This was a long time ago before anything else than studio profiles were possible to make, I think I just profiled them as clean amps. (Except a couple that were tweaked for a driven sound).

I'll actually need to check them out myself I've never used them for anything, they were done more as an afterthought. :D

Also, Tycho is awesome music. :)

• awesome thanks for the info guys. tried it and having issues with distorting and levels, still trying to get a clean signal. and yes, for me the eq is what makes the 1073 as I generally don't use the mic pre. a boost around 820 does wonders for electric guitar.

Did you ever make this profile? Really love your sound!! Would be awesome if you wanted to share it!