Live gig - no sound from Powerhead and Output button started flashing

• I was playing a show on Saturday with my new Powerhead and during the third song my sound cut out and the Output button started flashing. My "Power Amp Boost" was fully cranked, but my main volume was only at 4.5-5. I switched to my back-up amp and didn't have time to troubleshoot. However, I'm very nervous about playing my Kemper live now. I also noticed my midi controller went heywire and I needed to power it down and up. It was an outside venue and our power source was a heavy duty generator truck. I used a surge suppressor, but no UPS. Questions;

1) was this due to clipping the amp?
    2) overheating the amp?
    3) power surge?
    4) other?

I was getting a great sound and want to keep using the Kemper "live" but I need to know what happened.

Any ideas are much appreciated...cheers!

• Since I haven't heard from anyone, I'll assume this isn't common. After getting a response from Kemper, I reset to factory defaults and downgraded to 3.3 OS. If it happens again, I'll send in for repair/inspection. ?(

• I also noticed my midi controller went heywire and I needed to power it down and up. It was an outside venue and our power source was a heavy duty generator truck.

Since you had more than one piece of equipment act strangely at the same time, it does suggest a power problem caused the issues with the KPA and the MIDI controller. Did you mention the MIDI controller also had an issue to the people at Kemper?

• Been running a Power rack for 18 months and using it live through a regular guitar cab. I did have an issue with disappearing volume but this was related to linked volumes and was a gradual reduction not sudden. Never had a total failure/confusion with the KPA.

The generator aspect does sound like a very probably cause as they can be very variable...

Suggest you play it hard at rehearsal and see if it happens again. You have to be confident it its reliability.

Did you mention the MIDI controller also had an issue to the people at Kemper?

I just submitted a trouble ticket without making a copy of what I wrote and their response didn't include my original text.

However, I'm pretty sure I mentioned that both pieces of gear went south. They were very responsive.

I haven't had a problem since re-setting factory specs and using 3.3, but I'm still betting on it being a flakey power source. I'll be taking my USP to all gigs in the future. Just glad I brought a back-up amp.

thanks for all the responses!

• I haven't upgraded to 4.2 beta yet. I've played a few shows with no issues, I'm also considering a power conditioner but have not seen any issues. If I was playing an outdoor gig where sometimes the power is very unstable I would definitely use some sort of power conditioner.

My my experience with the Kemper live has been very stable.

• @Sarasin I took my Kemper to rehearsal Wednesday and went straight FOH and Aviom for ears. After some tweaking by our sound engineer, the tone was amazing with Britt profiles. I'll play it live at worship services Sunday. This is definitely a more stable environment than an outdoor rock gig. I did buy a CyberPower 450VA just in case. Never hurts to have clean power. Lesson learned... :S