Best FRFR Cab in 2016

• I had the chance to test an ALTO TS210 for a while yesterday evening and I really was impressed.
    I tested the speaker with two Britt profiles (Colonial 1.6 for cleans and 72 Mars 50 3 for crunch/ OD sounds).

Speaker setup: volume at "noon" (mid value) / countour set off.
    KPA: main output at -16dB, main volume 3,4 dB, EQ flat

It sounded soo good, still had room for more volume despite the fact that with that setup I was playing even louder than I am used to when I gig.

Despite the 10" speaker, rigs were rich in terms of bass frequencies so I applied a -2dB cut on them and the overall sound improved.

By the way, I asked the owner of the speaker to use my KPA during rehearsals with his band (which play stoner rock) and I attended the whole session.
    It was awesome being able to clearly hear the KPA rigs cut through the whole mix (with the other guitarist playing Marshall + 4x12 cabinet)

I do not know if the Alto TS210 is able to keep the same linear behavior as Yamaha DXR 10, which seems to be the world wide standard so far, but I found it to be a valid alternative.
    I will possibly get one in the near future.

• I forgot t say look at the back of my Gemini 2 FRFR, it can be a CAB too!!
    You can switch from FRFR to CAB. i forgot to post all the pros sorry guys. Its LIGHT for me, Weight: 60lbs (27Kg)

The Gemini 2 provides a stereo configuration in a single cabinet.
    ( so you can make the most of stereo effects and multiple signal paths in your modeler.)

27Kg's is light for me, i have played Mono , and stereo kicks ass.
    But its not cheap.
    http://missionengineering.com/?product=gemini-2

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Harry take the golden milk (Turmeric drink, search Youtube , just use almond or oat milk, not soy or cows milk
    that will help for the back pain and joint pain my friend :D
    It works even for arthritis! :)

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Hi,

I have the RCF NX 12-SMA (FRFR active monitor) and it is very good. Pricey, yes, but good. If I would start over, I would check out the Friedman 12 ASM and BlueAmps 12 FR-A before 'clicking to buy'. I've heard good things about them and at least the Friedman 12 ASM is cheaper than the RCF...

//Ryder