Kemper and TubeScreamer ...

• Just testing 4 different overdrive boxes before the Kemper - the Kemper sounds very different when I use no overdrive but there are not so much differences when I use different types of overdrives.

Interesting ....

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• many ODs are based on the exact same design (Tubescreamer)
    the differences between different Tubescreamers have often been largely exaggerated.
    (808 vs. TS9 is subtle at best, there are no good and bad 4558s, but there clearly are much, much better sounding OpAmps...)

• I have 3 boost I use regularly, od808x, od9pro+ and Airis Savage drive. They can all sound similar at the right settings but they are all very different in feel and how they handle certain frequencies. None are a replacement for the other as they each do things the other does not. I do find it strange that sometimes it is difficult to pick out the differences recorded when one can clearly hear them in the room...

• I use an Tube Screamer Mini, HW Tube Screamer, MXR Bonamassa FET Boost, MXR Echo Plex, Fulltone 2B. They all offer something different, most importantly they each work best with different profiles. For example, the Tube Screamer works well with a Marshall profile, where the Bonnamassa pedal sounds too muddy. But, put that Bonnamassa pedal on a fender and it sounds great.

There are subtle differences in the pedals, they can give that extra to a profile. Sometimes I don't use any pedals too. It all depends, but it gives me options.

To to anyone trying the 2B pedal, it has a very hot signal so careful you don't drive it hard. I think mine is on about 3 on the dial. I find it just adds fullness to my sound on certain profiles.