Left and Right problem

• I have two powered FRFR speakers wich are connected to Direct Out and Monitor Out for stereo.
    In Output they are bot set to -14 dB and to Master Left and Master Right. They are also linked to Monitor out and Direct out.

The problem is that one speaker cab sounds much and much louder than the other one. I can 't figure out why. Settings on both speaker cabs are equally done: line - LF= norm - HF= flat . If I change connections to both speaker cabs, there's still only one with the right set volume. The other one stays far behind.

If I connect both to Main Out then they are in perfect volume balance and they sound great in stereo so it has to do with some internal settings of the Kemper.

Anyone an idea?

• Hi Skoczy,

It turned out there was more going on!

After close examination the speaker cable was not broken afterall. It was another problem that I like to share with you all.

Iused this heavy duty double speaker cable instead of a guitar speaker with tip and sleeve. I have this speaker cable for some 20 years now and started suddenly realizing why there was a big volume difference between the two speakers.

In those days I used a Roland GP 16 for fx and 2 Mesa Boogie 1x 12 cabs and a stereo amp with that cable. I've learned then that, when you solder the brown wire to tip and solder the blue wire to sleeve and on the other end you do it the other way around then you get a phase difference resulting in a much wider stereo effect. It really sounded very spatial!

But with the technical development like in the Profiler I discovered that this doesn't work anymore. It showed when I soldered both wires again, but now to their respectively tip and sleeve. Problem of volume difference now definitely being solved!

• I have never read that wiring cabs out of phase gives you a more spatial sound.
    Note that if two cabs are wired this way the cabs will be in phase again.

Still this was the case! One normal wired cable (blue brown on both ends) and the other one: blue brown on one end and brown blue on the other end. The difference was a very wide spreaded sound, especially for chorus. I can imagine that with all the digital stuff these days, this doesn't work any more.

• By putting one speaker out of phase, it is essentially moving backwards when its twin is moving forward. This has a particular impact on the bass and I can't say that I'd ever desire that result. I've correctly identified many setups (home AV, car audio, semi-pro audio) as being wired out of phase.

• I never knew before until someone told me then to do so. It was a great sounding improvement to me. It's possible that I name it wrong but still it's the way that I had to solder the cables and it sounded so much wider, even with the speaker cabs close to each other. That's why it stays in my memory. But you know how it goes: you sell stuff and buy new (mono) stuff, combo's, stacks and the those cables become redundant....until now when playing stereo again becomes available.

• I think its time for you to go shopping.
    Replace all old cable shit. Also guitar cable...
    I replaced mine with a real good new one and it sounds so much better than older and cheap ones.

• That sounds really weird. Do you have another guitar cable to try?

• After all the cable problems and soldering I tried them for several rigs at loud (!) volume. No problems at all. And now it's ytouble again.....don't know why. But I leave it now for this post and get back when I have sorted out the problem.

• I tried to sort out some things to exclude what causes that crackling noise:

- I shut down the poweramp, since I have connected 2 powered FRFR cabs. Problem stays
    - I got me another pair of speaker cables. Problem stays
    - I connected guitar speaker cables (like coming with the purchase of an amp and a cabinet) Problem stays

So I assumed it had to be something in the Profiler. And I think I got it by constantly undoing and redoing using a rig and changing amp (from de mid section Amplifier).

It's a rig coming from Maurizio70. In Amplifier I went for 63 Vibroverb. At the top of the screen there's a white lit button: from rigs In the right section of the screen it says: Amp name: 63 Vibroverb.
    Underneath that: manufacturer
    Underneath that: 63 Vibroverb.
    Underneath that: Model
    Underneath that: vibro clean2

Though it appears to be a clean amp, it sounds very distorted! By undoing and redoing it leads me to: Fen Hot Rod clean (and beneath that): HOME.
    In the left: (in black box): Amp Module (page2/3).
    Beneath that: author Maurizio70. And this is where the crackling sound and noise rises!!

I'm certain that the problem lies here and has nothing to do with cables. But I don't know why it happens in this rig. Is this a bad or corrupted one or have I done a kind of "overtweaking"? I guess the solution is simpel: not using that amp for my rig.
    But of course I'm curious about this noisy behaviour.

I hope I've explained eveyrhing clearly.

• Switch off the Kemper. Hold the RIG button and start your Kemper. In the middle of startup procedure it should say something like "Initializing current rig...". Does it make any difference?