General output/monitor queries [SOLVED]

• Just recently got my Kemper Profiling PowerHead 600w and I was just wondering what Monitors you'd recommend? Do I have to get passive monitors? I have been trying to use my Blackstar HT-20 Combo as a monitor but it's just not loud at all, despite tweaking the volumes in the settings, also the Celestion Speaker seems to really kill the tone. Could this be because of how I'm connecting it? I've tried using the main output and the Monitor output, and they are both very quiet.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

• If you wanna use a cab you have to use the speaker out. That's the powered output and it'll blast your ears! ;)

Monitor out and the main outs are for i. E. plugging the Kemper into your mixer, interface or connect it to powered speakers or monitors.

But: Don't connect your powered output (speaker output) into your Blackstar amplifier except you can just use its cabinet on its own. The celestion speaker isn't killing the tone, the celestion speaker is awesome. ;) What kills your tone is your amp! You are trying to play the Kemper which already is an amplifier through another amplifier. Even if you use your clean channel it will color the tone and that is what's "killing" your sound. It's like playing your Blackstar amp through a i. E. Fender amp. It'll sound like something but not like your Blackstar. That's why your Kemper through your Blackstar won't sound like the Kemper itself.

If you wanna use a cab (or for what ever reason your Blackstar) make sure to check the output settings and select "monitor cab off". If you don't you'll hear the already simulated cab and the amp through your real cab or amp and cab which isn't recommended unless you like that sound for what ever reason.

Get a guitar cab you like or get some good monitors or use a single bigger monitor like i. E. the Yamaha DXR-10 oder DXR-12.

Talking about volume: If you wanna use your Blackstar even if it's not recommended and won't sound like what you want it to sound you should be able to achieve a stage volume. Are you sure you tweaked the right settings? How exactly have you connected it to your Blackstar? Does it have a dedicated aux-in or do you have it connected to the standard guitar input or something else?

Let us know if you have been successful!
    Welcome to the family!

The Educated Apes: Facebook | Bandcamp

Kemper-Wiki
    [email protected]

Main Rig: KPA Power Toaster + Profiler Remote, 2x Palmer 112 Cab (1x Celestion V30, 1x Celestion CB NEO), ME EP1-KP-GN, Dunlop Cry Baby 95Q, Gibson Memphis ES-339 '16, Gibson Melody Maker '14, Fender Thinline Cabronita '12

• So it turns out I was being a bit of an idiot and wasn't using the Speaker output function on the Kemper, so the sound was extremely quiet! I've now connected my Kemper using the speaker output to the Celestion Speaker in the Blackstar. I'm using the cable at the back of the amp which connects the Celestion speaker to the Blackstar head, however now I'm getting decent volume but I can't get any of the Kempers tones, all I can get is my clean guitar sound, and I can't alter the volume on the Kemper itself. Any ideas what might be the issue?

Thanks for helping me out anyway!!

• So I did what you said, I turned the Cab simulation off, and now it sounds great! After turning the Kemper off and on again I now have all of the FX and tones working

That's awesome. I like to hear that I was helpful! Now go say goodbye to your family and friends and watch the hours pass as you experience this great piece of gear.

Feel free to ask further questions and maybe edit the title of this thread and put a little [SOLVED] at the end. :D8)

Cheers, mate!!

The Educated Apes: Facebook | Bandcamp

Kemper-Wiki
    [email protected]

Main Rig: KPA Power Toaster + Profiler Remote, 2x Palmer 112 Cab (1x Celestion V30, 1x Celestion CB NEO), ME EP1-KP-GN, Dunlop Cry Baby 95Q, Gibson Memphis ES-339 '16, Gibson Melody Maker '14, Fender Thinline Cabronita '12

Edited once, last by 10w73 ().