A consideration about expression pedals

• The large sweep of the FC7 is mainly a problem hitting the heel position, it requires kind of an awkward angle on the foot - and my foot had a torn achilles and despite 2 surgeries, it's never been quite the same since. I'm sure for others this would be no problem, like @paults!

Gary ô¿ô

• It might, I'll give it a look this weekend, thanks for the suggestion. The pedal itself is supposed to be angled with the turn of a screw, which really doesn't work. The cab, oops... wedge idea might work better. LOL

Glad you're ok, and so is Tuscany, and the golden retriever they rescued today!

Gary ô¿ô

• Just try by raising the pedal's "heel" with anything you have at hand. Just measure the angles to check whether you find one that makes you feel comfortable. You'll have time for a stable solution if this solves or anyway helps.

Yep, he looked in quite a good shape after 10 days 8|

Thanks again for your consideration!
    I'm refraining from saying "thank god Xxx (place) is safe" because it just occurred to me that any victim (or victim's relative) would have chosen the disaster to take place elsewhere... and this thought just petrified me. But I know what you mean and that you said it a good way. You are a good person :)

• Thanks Gianfranco, I will try raising the heel and see what happens. Good idea and thanks.

Thanks for all your other comments as well. I am not much of a prayer, but if I were, my prayers would be out there for your whole country... fault lines and all.

Bene noche mi amigo.

Gary ô¿ô

• Just try by raising the pedal's "heel" with anything you have at hand

Well a good idea, and it works in making it easier to get to the heel position. Unfortunately this of course drove the toe position below parallel, which is hard to hit. I'll keep experimenting though.

Gary ô¿ô

• Gary - try placing something beneath the heel position of the pivoting pedal, not beneath the base of the device. The result would be a shorter pedal throw, with an unchanged toe position.

It's a worthy suggestion. I'll try it when I get home from work. I fear I won't be able to reach true heel with the reduced pedal throw, although that's probably not really that important, except when I use it with my keyboard, the device I actually bought it for (Yamaha Montage - with tons of morphing and motion controls).

@pamplemousse - haha.. :thumbup:

Gary ô¿ô

Edited 2 times, last by prsgary ().

• Well a good idea, and it works in making it easier to get to the heel position. Unfortunately this of course drove the toe position below parallel, which is hard to hit. I'll keep experimenting though.

It's of course a matter of too short a blanket. You have to find which position (all heel\all toe) is the more demanding in terms of joint excursion and give relief to the most stressed one.
    Unless, of course, Paul's idea of reducing the pedal excursion is musically viable for you.
    :)

• Gary - try placing something beneath the heel position of the pivoting pedal, not beneath the base of the device. The result would be a shorter pedal throw, with an unchanged toe position.

That works pretty well Paul, thanks for the suggestion. For keyboard use I'll just remove it. Finding the right size temporary wedge is the tricky part, but I'll play with that (no pun intended). And yes, @viabcroce, with the guitar this idea IS musically viable. Thanks for both of your input!

Gary ô¿ô

• @prsgary , the solution suggested by @paults will mean recalibration is needed so the working range spans across the shortened physical movement, which I'm sure you both know. This probably means you'll encounter the need to recalibrate EVERY time you attach this pedal. See my findings in an earlier thread, explained in this video:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I'd be very interested to know how you get on so please report back if you use the suggested alteration thanks.

• @slateboy - fascinating video. The problem as I see it is that the FC7 is not a good controller for wah wah, or pitch, but is fine for morphing, Since I'm already using the Dunlop DVP's quite happily for all my functions, I don't really need the FC7 for it. I'll just keep using it for the keyboard, for which it's fine with a little heel adjustment as @paults suggested. It required no recalibration, which does indeed look like a ridiculous process from your video!

I was merely suggesting and testing it out for other people's possible usage. It really is fine for morphing because switching on a new rig gives you the heel position regardless if you have it all the way down or not of course. I don't use "heel to tuner" so I would never even need the heel wedge for morphing or to bring it all the way to the floor. Most of the way would suffice. And at $50, still not a bad deal. Thanks for that video.

Gary ô¿ô