Just got my Profiler!

• Just register your KPA and download the Rig Manager from the Kemper website.
    Install it, connect your KPA to your computer via USB cable, et voilat: hundreds of rigs at your fingertips.

• Woohoo! Awesome, Josh!

Easy, peasy, mate: Install Rig Manager and hook your KPA up via the rear USB port to the 'puter.

The app will automatically sync with Kemper's online Rig repository (Rig Exchange), and everything will be right there for you to try (8000 Rigs!). Operation is self-explanatory, but the manual is a mere click away from within the app (new feature, this; it didn't work this way in earlier versions).

One thing: You'll have to enter the same name you used when you first fired the KPA up into the preferences in the app. If you've forgotten the spelling or whatever, it can be accessed in the System menu of your KPA.

EDIT: Soloist beat me to it with his new-fangled technology - Brevity™.

• Thanks so much! Okay I got about 9000 sounds on my Rig Manager from the Rig Exchange. I'm having trouble figuring out how to transfer them into my Kemper. thanks

• Well, you can't fit 9000 Rigs into it. It'll hold 1000.

If you operate it away from a computer, you're probably best off choosing some favourites from that huge pool in Rig Manager and keeping just them on the Kemper. For single-rig transfer, just hit "Store" on the Kemper and whichever Rig you're auditioning via Rig Manager will be saved there (it's sitting in the edit / temporary buffer in the meantime, which is where every Rig you audition via the app lives until you choose to save it or select another Rig on the Kemper itself, at which point the previous Rig is cleared from the buffer - not critical to know, but handy to understand). For en-masse transfer, drag the Rigs from Rig Manager to your desktop or a folder on your 'puter, and then place them into the Shared / Rigs folder on the USB stick. Create a "Shared", and within it, a "Rigs" folder if you don't see them on the stick.

Pop the stick into the Kemper (always flip the stick over first 'cause the Kemper accepts them "upside-down" to the conventional way... or flip the Kemper first - your choice), and when the "storage" soft-key option appears, hit it, then "Import/Export", then "Import"... done! Those Rigs will be in there.

Now, if you usually run your Kemper near a computer, I recommend running the KPA lean and mean. I, for instance, have only 1 Rig in it, and I have "Wah" locked in the first stomp slot. That's it! Rig Manager takes care of the rest. Try it; you'll see what I mean. Others here keep a dozen or two favourites on their units, especially if they're gigging. Some have hundreds, but as I suggested, for me, especially 'cause the unit's parked in a rack next to the 'puter, RM is the way to go.

I guarantee you that before long you'll have a bunch of folders (right-click to add in RM) containing your favourites and all manner of hair-brained categories.

Have fun! (Probably the most sage advice I can give, really).

EDIT: Paul, being a master of succinctness, beat me while I was typing... s-l-o-w-l-y... Thank you, Paul.

• Double click on the Rig name, and it will appear in your KPA, so you can hear the rig. If you want to save it in your KPA, press the Store button, and choose your store option.

Preview with up/down keys on your computer keyboard, hit ENTER or space to preview.
    You can easily store the previewed rig from Rig Manager to the Profilers Browsepool by hitting SHIFT + ENTER.

No need to touch the Profiler itself.