Fantasy Hardware

• I'm new to the Kempersphere and wanted to check before posting an idea/images I have.

In my search for the perfect Kemper setup I've been left with lots of questions (which this forum answers masterfully), but my lasting impression is that there are some definite gaps that Kemper could fill in their product list.

As someone who thinks visually it's easier to draw my ideas than explain them. I've drawn two images that for want of a better expression are 'fantasy Kemper' products, products I would buy in a flash - if they existed. And no, they aren't 'stop me from playing like my fingers are made of porridge' pedals.

But before posting, and out of respect, I wanted to check it was OK to post these images up - for several obvious and less obvious reasons.

What do you think?

Yes, I know it's an 80s crackle finish BC Rich, but it's my 80s crackle finish BC Rich and it sounds damn good.

• ...I do realise this is a bit like someone popping into the Sistine Chapel, with Michelangelo hanging from precarious ropes as he's just about to do the sky and shouting up 'you should pop some clouds on that sky mate!'...

Yes, I know it's an 80s crackle finish BC Rich, but it's my 80s crackle finish BC Rich and it sounds damn good.

• I think there was a small discussion about user telling the Kemper-Team 'what they should do' or something like that.
    They did not appreciate it that a user just talks about their work like he exactly knows what they do and why they do it, and what they should do better.

But i think as long as you do it in a friendly manner and present it as a personal wish or suggestion, everything should be fine.
    And to some extend, the feature request-section of this forum is there to write about your wishes and suggestions.

• Cheers LH, I totally get that. I'll hang fire a little bit and see if there is any objection, then will post up my photoshop hacks.

• You won't be the first to post a photoshop of their vision.
    This is the feature request section.
    Whether it be design or function that is what this forum is for.

Before and during the remote build, the Kemper team asked for everybodies ideas on design and function.
    There is a huge thread on it, with pictures.

There are other threads with photoshop pics of a floor version.

Lets see it.

• OK, Intrutheout, you've emboldened me. I guess if it upsets anyone I can just delete it.

Two minutes, I'll upload them...

• So, these are mind-dump ideas and may be laughable to the more trained eye/brain/ear, but they represent my thoughts after looking into buying the KPA. There is a 100% chance both ideas have been discussed 100 times, but here they are regardless.

The first is a combo. In my view a combo with a FRFR speaker would be a smash hit. I'm sure there are lots of Kemper owners who would like to chuck a simplified version of their gear into the bag of the car and take it to rehearsal, or use in the bedroom away from the studio. Maybe to preserve the head it would have a set number of profiles available that you could sync with your head? I'd use this, if it was for sale.

The second is a bit more ego driven. Like just about every other guitarist, I imagine myself stood in front of a wall of cabs and classic style heads throwing shapes and murdering the 22nd fret. My hair is no longer like Yngwie's and I don't look great in tight leather trousers, but there is still something that draws me to a 4x12 and head. It's clear that wedge FRFR monitors deliver the best sound, but set in a 4x12 cab...well, I'd buy that. That's been done, I'm sure, but what if it were pared with a Kemper within a head? My thinking is that on either side in the head could be hidden two studio monitors. The thinking is that you could use the head as a combo for home/studio/rehearsal and then for gigs pop on top of the 4x12 FRFR cab.

Both these thoughts are probably way off beam, if they are, I apologise!

Edited once, last by Oliver Guitars ().

• could you please make those "fantasy ideas" without using our stock footage? this is potentially really confusing once you take the picture out of context.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• Never start with asking permission. They will sniff it right out.
    As you can see.
    You kind of open the door of it being questionable (whether it be sensibly or not) so they will bring the hammer down fast.

I am not sure what pictures you posted but I can't figure for the life of me what could confuse anyone.
    You explained the thread from the word go.

Maybe just for the easily confused souls here.

It is getting a bit tight.

• Just tried, but I got this message... Access denied. "You’re not authorized to view this page."

• Can you message me?

By the way, I do understand their point. Using their print and web materials to 'shop an idea could confuse people.

Frustrating for us, but they need to protect their brand I guess.

• No, I can't PM you.

About protecting their brand-
    I guess but I haven't seen your pictures so I wouldn't know.
    Moderation here is pretty good but I feel sometimes it is unbalanced.

Either way I am curious what you came up with.

• We can just hold off for a couple days or so and try the PM again. I am pretty sure it will open up any time after you have been here a bit.
    May want to take your email off.

I don't have a throw away email at the moment.