How long have you waited for a repair?

• Hi all,

My retailer in the UK sent my Kemper off at the start of August for a repair and I am still waiting for it. I know Kemper say they turn around repairs in about 5 days. So I expect the delay is due to my retailer. Just seems like almost 6 weeks is a long time in this age of next day delivery etc.

How long do you guys normally wait for a repair when you return it through your retailer?

Thanks

• My retailer in the UK sent my Kemper off at the start of August for a repair and I am still waiting for it. I know Kemper say they turn around repairs in about 5 days. So I expect the delay is due to my retailer. Just seems like almost 6 weeks is a long time in this age of next day delivery etc.

shipping from and to the UK takes about 4 days each way, turnaround for a unit approx. 5 days.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• I would contact the retailer and get them to chase it up. Mine was very quickly repaired took about a week from UK=>Germany=>UK I purchased mine from Andertons

Andertons sound very good then, I didn't buy it from them I got it from Digital Village. I have used DV for years (spent a lot of money with them!) and they are very helpful usually but I have never had anything sent back for repair. They seem a bit slow when it comes to aftersales.

• I own two Kempers ( one for live gigs and one for home-studio use)
    2 1/2 years ago my first Power rack had a digital clock faillure,it whas repared and I've had no problems with it since .
    My second Power rack had some ( to me ) unknown errors when it whas 2 years old, and I whas givin' a brand new one! So I wouldn't worry about the service ;)
    I had a lot more problems with my tube amps :thumbup: ( and with some big f#cking kidney stones;)

ps, is that a self portrait on your avatar ? if so , you look a bit worried :D
    There's no need for that,

Edited 3 times, last by Dorrus ().

• Depends on your dealer/distributor and what's wrong with your Kemper, and whether the dealer sends it to Germany for the repair.

Down here in SA I do the "repairs" myself and if need be a tech helps me.
    If I need a part Kemper ships it UPS, 4 days, I do the repair the same day...so basically 5/6 days max.

The chances of a Kemper hardware problem are extremely rare.
    A dealer/distributor only needs to keep a few spare parts (that Kemper send free of charge) and they can do the repair themselves...any tech who can fix an amp can fix a Kemper.

• I've been waiting about 3 weeks in the US for my repair. I've heard from the tech that he could not get it to fail. That was about a week ago and I explained that it might have to warm up for a bit as it did for me before it failed.

I haven't heard back since so I've sent a followup email. Sadly, this is still faster than I've ever had a tube amp repaired.

• I've been waiting about 3 weeks in the US for my repair. I've heard from the tech that he could not get it to fail. That was about a week ago and I explained that it might have to warm up for a bit as it did for me before it failed.

I haven't heard back since so I've sent a followup email. Sadly, this is still faster than I've ever had a tube amp repaired.

Did you contact Pele or the repair shop in TX? I called the repair shop when I had questions. They seemed to be disorganized when I called. Pele told me by email my Kemper was being worked on right now. The next day I called the repair shop, the guy said its being worked on. I asked what's being fixed. After a few minutes he said my Kemper was not looked at yet. Seems like communication between the outside vendor repair shop and Kemper is poor.