Behringer XR12 wireless mixer

• Thanks for your feedback Morph! Does the X32 generally have auxes in stereo or is there a wiring trick involved? Would be interesting to know..

Probably what Ingolf says,I'll let you know when my pal gets back to me

A brace of Suhrs, a Charvel, a toaster, an Apollo twin, a Mac, and a DXR10

• On the routing page - Assign these 10 connectors to busses 1 to 10.

Select buss 1 and on its main configuration page select the option to "PAIR" it to buss 2. they are now linked.

(Sending a mono channel to buss 1 will automatically send it to both. If it's panned on the main mix, it will also be panned accordingly to the buss mix. Sending the L&R of a (hard panned) paired stereo inputs will send L to buss 1 and R to buss 2)

Select buss 3 and on its main configuration page select the option to "PAIR" it to buss 4. they are now linked.
    Select buss 5 etc etc

If the headphone amp has single stereo jacks then it'll need a custom cable connected thusly...

pins 1&3 of both XLRs twisted together at jack and connected to the sleeve (ground)
    Pin 2 of the first XLR connected to the Jack's Tip
    Pin 2 of the second XLR connected to the Jack's Ring

bosh

dx[Blocked Image: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8r2jgcdgiuwndt0/X32.jpeg?dl=0]https://www.dropbox.com/s/8r2jgcdgiuwndt0/X32.jpeg?dl=0

A brace of Suhrs, a Charvel, a toaster, an Apollo twin, a Mac, and a DXR10

Edited once, last by Morph ().

• Thank you very much Morph for detailed explanation! We'll then have to get an X32. I saw one (the compact more mixery looking one) on the used gear announce locally for I think 900 CHF, but that one was toured. The Rack unit is new 1250 CHF at the cheapest. Well, save up or sell something?

• Thank you very much Morph for detailed explanation! We'll then have to get an X32. I saw one (the compact more mixery looking one) on the used gear announce locally for I think 900 CHF, but that one was toured. The Rack unit is new 1250 CHF at the cheapest. Well, save up or sell something?

I'm using the rack version. Very much recommended.

• We are using the xair 16 for our in ear mixing. I can not tell how much I love it.

We are only four band members and everyone gets his own individual stereo mix.

All xair have 6 aux buses I'm Software (not 100% certain at xair 12, but I think so). You can always assign 2 of them to stereo.

Heres how we get 6 mixes:

Mix 1: stereo on aux 1 and 2
    Mix 2: stereo on aux 3 and 4
    Mix 3: stereo on auf 5 and 6, routed to headphone out)
    Mix 4: master lr

Of course you could switch any aux bus to mono and make 2 stereo mixes to 4 mono.

The xair 16 is by far the cheapest solution we found. Also everyone can tweak his own mix on his own by the smartphone app.

I would only go for the xair 18 if you need more mixes and consider using a ultranet monitor to add as may channels as you like.

Maybe you don't need to go the step up to the X32.

One more word: the x18 is cheaper than the xair 18. This is may also an option. Should have all features in a different form factor.

• Mix 1: stereo on aux 1 and 2
    Mix 2: stereo on aux 3 and 4
    Mix 3: stereo on auf 5 and 6, routed to headphone out)
    Mix 4: master lr

If I did not count wrong this are 4 stereo signals. (including the Main-out to FOH)
    As far I considered @Nightwish2 is looking for 5 indiviual stereo mix for inear monitoring additional to the main mix to FOH.

But anyway this gear seemed to be very versatile for the price.

• If I did not count wrong this are 4 stereo signals. (including the Main-out to FOH)

I just woke up any flew over the first posts. sorry, i missed that information :)

you could work around with the x18 (477€ is a great deal) and 2 p16-m, but for the price you can simply choose the x32.

• you could work around with the x18 (477€ is a great deal) and 2 p16-m, but for the price you can simply choose the x32.

Yep, this solution was mentioned. So for him the x32 seemed to be the right choice.

For me the XR18 is good enough. (Do not want/have an iPad)

• He foosin and sharry, thanks for giving me info and option. I have to look into this a bit further but I think the x32 is the choice because it offers more option than we need at the moment so there's room for improvement which is always good.

• @nightlight how did you put wheels to your rack ? I think you have also the model from Thomann, right ?

Hey, sorry, Gerald, I don't know why I wasn't updated to your response on this thread. I didn't buy a Thomann case, I bought a Gator GRR10L rack, which is their 10 unit rack with wheels. I don't think it is incredible quality, lots of quality control issues because it was made in China. For example, not all of the rack holes were even. But it is quite tough, tough enough to sit on at least take an accidental fall. But it's not what you'd want for heavy touring, because I'm not too sure whether the gear inside will survive if it is treated very roughly. No layers or anything, just an ABS shell with rack strips. I find it commendable that the handle is able to cope with loads in excess of 50 kg without feeling like it is going to break. What is the Thomann case like?

• Hey, sorry, Gerald, I don't know why I wasn't updated to your response on this thread. I didn't buy a Thomann case, I bought a Gator GRR10L rack, which is their 10 unit rack with wheels. I don't think it is incredible quality, lots of quality control issues because it was made in China. For example, not all of the rack holes were even. But it is quite tough, tough enough to sit on at least take an accidental fall. But it's not what you'd want for heavy touring, because I'm not too sure whether the gear inside will survive if it is treated very roughly. No layers or anything, just an ABS shell with rack strips. I find it commendable that the handle is able to cope with loads in excess of 50 kg without feeling like it is going to break. What is the Thomann case like?

Hi the same here but without the wheels :)