Reasonable number of profiles/performances to keep on KPA for best performance?

• So I've been clearing stuff I haven't used off of my KPA tonight as I have so many profiles on there that just sit dormant. I currently have 47 performances and about 500 profiles loaded on there. I'm guessing the amount of performances isn't a problem - that's less than 150 profiles actually in use, but how about the other 350 profiles just sitting on there un-used? I've noticed the KPA slowing up in the past when I had about 1,000 profiles on there so I trimmed it down, but wondering if I shouldn't just load up what I'm using and keep the rest on my laptop?

• I just completed a spring clean on mine, I had 877 profiles and 22 performances , now 0 profiles 7 performances , not really noticing any difference, possibly slightly quicker boot time, not really worth worrying about.

• I calculated somewhere that the difference between 1000 Rigs and none for boot time was 15 to 20 seconds - 1 minute versus 1 minute 15->20 seconds, which translates to no more than 30% longer for fully-loaded versus empty.

Nothing to be concerned about, I'd have thought. Rig switching and latency won't be affected; the designers would not have allowed this in a piece of equipment of this level of, well, class.

• The number of Profiles and Performances do not effect the performance of the Kemper so much. Mainly the boot time is effected.
    The more important topic is, that in the praxis 1000 Rigs its not easy to handle so many datas without the Rigmanager.
    I can not imagine that for a live performance this amount is sensefull.
    I think its better to store in RM with backup on PC via explorer. (or how else you call it on a Mac)

Nowadays it's sencefull that you have a laptop or similar also in the rehearsal room.