updating kemper to 4.0

• just got my unit. downloaded rig manager now rig manager says i need to update my kemper to 4.6 , how do i update when rm wont see my kemper ?my kemp has version 3.3 and i have the latest rig managet version. also i inserted a brand new usb stick into back of kemper. and nothing happens. am i not doing this right ? manual says it should recognise it. please help cause this is brand new unit might have problems right out of box. thats depressing. ...

• The update procedure is described in the PDF document that comes with the download of the 4.0.6 update.
    The USB stick needs to be FAT32 formatted and should be inserted after the Profiler has fully booted.

• ... into the front USB port if it's a rack unit.

also i inserted a brand new usb stick into back of kemper. and nothing happens. am i not doing this right ?

Only if it's a toaster version, and as HJS said, it's FAT32-formatted.

EDIT: On second thoughts, I'm not sure if it's possible to insert a USB stick of any sort into the square-shaped port on the rear of the rack unit without using an "adapter" cable, so this is unlikely to be the issue, but the clarification's there nevertheless.

• i thought for sure the kemper would format the usb stick automaticly as stated in manual. ok i will try when i get home tonight. as for the kemper sound, nothing on the planet comes close. wow i am amazed of the tone !

• ok guys i formated my usb stick on my laptop to fat 32 then turned on kemper and waited for it to stablize. then i plugged in the usb stick into the back of the toaster and still nothing happens. what should i try next ?

• well i did it now. i broke it. screen went black now nothin. thank u guys for trying to help. im sad now i have to burry my kemper

• Yikes! Bummer, mate. Sounds like the USB-stick thing was merely a symptom of a more-series problem. I trust you're going to contact Support. Good luck, daddyben.

Not ideal circumstances in which to welcome you to the forum, but nevertheless, welcome, mate!