Firmware 5 Beta Version Delay Question

• No not downloading firmware 4. but restore. Because I had installed firmware 5 beta via RM 1.5.
    If you have The latest RM 1.6 perhaps it will work but I installed firmware 5 beta via a memory stick and then the delays. Peace of cake.

What is the procedure to restore,I have no idea

• First I hope you made a backup of firmware 4. On a memory stick. To restore you put the memory stick in the Kemper, set the chicken head on browser and select restore/backup. Then select restore and you can select from the backups that you put on the memory stick.

• A backup does not contain the firmware but only the user data like rigs,performances, presets etc.
    Downgrades work like updates. Simply put the appropriate kaos.bin on a stick and insert it in the Profiler after it has fully booted.

• A backup does not contain the firmware but only the user data like rigs,performances, presets etc.
    Downgrades work like updates. Simply put the appropriate kaos.bin on a stick and insert it in the Profiler after it has fully booted.

Similar question since I haven't had need to update firmware for 3 years(!) - exactly how does one find "the appropriate" kaos.bin? I looked on legacy firmware on downloads and it only has 3.3. I currently have 2.4.09 on my KPA - is there way to pull it off my KPA ?

I'm planning on jumping up to 5.0 so kinda nervous about it (I made .kpabackup, of course)... thanks!

• you can update 2.4.x directly to 5.0, make a backup though before.

Thank you both - I was just a bit hesitant since I cant seem to find my USB drive with kaos.bin 2.4.09 so if the 5.0 jacks me up I can't return to 2.4. (3.3 is oldest I can find on Kemper.com .I'm actual worried about the new Profile designation in 3.0, and if they affect my old rigs... I have, of course, made a backup of my rigs as of yesterday.

I don't have rig manager since I haven't upgraded my Mac OS because it might break some of my programs/hardware so stuck with sneaker net for a little longer until I bite bullet on that front... thanks all!

• Thank you both - I was just a bit hesitant since I cant seem to find my USB drive with kaos.bin 2.4.09 so if the 5.0 jacks me up I can't return to 2.4. (3.3 is oldest I can find on Kemper.com .I'm actual worried about the new Profile designation in 3.0, and if they affect my old rigs... I have, of course, made a backup of my rigs as of yesterday.
    I don't have rig manager since I haven't upgraded my Mac OS because it might break some of my programs/hardware so stuck with sneaker net for a little longer until I bite bullet on that front... thanks all!

Thank you both - I was just a bit hesitant since I cant seem to find my USB drive with kaos.bin 2.4.09 so if the 5.0 jacks me up I can't return to 2.4. (3.3 is oldest I can find on Kemper.com .I'm actual worried about the new Profile designation in 3.0, and if they affect my old rigs... I have, of course, made a backup of my rigs as of yesterday.

I don't see any reason to remain on 2.4, ewrath2. There have been a lot of fixes since then, you should give some of the new firmwares a try, they are much better in my experience.

• Be aware that Vers 4.2.2 ist the last official public Version.
    Version 5 is a public Beta version with the incredible new delays but still a Beta.

I just gritted my teeth and went for it... luckily no major upsets ( I had to redefine all my stomps / effects in my main rig) but overall the old profiles seems to be sounding the same - and the new delays are fun!

I still wish the type and browse knobs made more sense - what a pain in the ass that interface is!

• I just gritted my teeth and went for it... luckily no major upsets

Congrates.
    Just one hint - do not tweak sounds during a GIG - then you will not have any trouble.
    Most of the issues I have heard in the last time occurs during tweaking. (It's still as Beta)

You should be ready prepared when you go for a GIG.

• Congrates.Just one hint - do not tweak sounds during a GIG - then you will not have any trouble.
    Most of the issues I have heard in the last time occurs during tweaking. (It's still as Beta)

You should be ready prepared when you go for a GIG.

My rack is usually near the floor ..... and no where even close to my stage position. I guess those using a toaster on top of a 4X12 cab might be able do tweak ..... for me, it is an impossible task live.