Mission Engineering Inc 2x12 FRFR Cab

• To be clear, it's GRFR, but that probably doesn't matter much. It might even be better without crossover hocus-pocus. I'm old-school, so I like the standard cabinet form factor. I still cant get used to the floor wedge and IEM stuff. Head, cabinet, guitar..... ROCK! The rest is someone else's problem. :)

I hate emojis, but I hate being misunderstood more. :)

• How expensive are the two speakers that go in it? You may be able to put one together for much less than $599. Used 4-12 cabinets are almost worthless around here. If you run across any used 2-12 slant cabs, they will be worth even less,

I think the advantage of the Mission cab is that it's really lightweight. Weighs less than my Marshall 1936 2x12.

• I am running the ACTIVE 2X12 Stereo FRFR version of this in a toaster..(that one is designed for the power head)
    Running in Stereo makes a hug difference for me to write music at home...just saying.

Mission did exceptional on the active version of this, i doubt they would let you down with this one.

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• I am running the ACTIVE 2X12 Stereo FRFR version of this in a toaster..(that one is designed for the power head)
    Running in Stereo makes a hug difference for me to write music at home...just saying.

Mission did exceptional on the active version of this, i doubt they would let you down with this one.

Ash

I read that it's too dark with the cab on and too bright with the cab off. Thoughts?

• If it's a 2x12 but the size of the 4x12" I want nothing to do with it. The purpose of the Kemper is to shave size down. They should have made it half the size then I'd buy it.

It's an undersized 4x12. I even saw it at NAMM and it looks like a 4x12 but maybe about 3/4 the size.

For the record, Mission Engineering offers a true FRFR 2x12 monitor, which is in a rather traditional looking cabinet.

It is indeed. One thing is that you'd need a power amp to take advantage of the stereo component of the Gemini 2-P since the Kemper's power amp is only mono. It's also worth mentioning that the Gemini 2 and 2-P are above 60 lbs, which is what dissuaded me from them and to the Gemini 1-P. The guys at Mission, though, have been discussing some lighter weight options, and the KM-212P is one of them.

For weight and portability, you can't beat the Matrix stuff. But I like my Gemini because it's an FRFR that acts and responds more like an organic cab. The tweeter is also in the middle of the whoofer which gives you an even dispersion.

• But I like my Gemini because it's an FRFR that acts and responds more like an organic cab. The tweeter is also in the middle of the whoofer which gives you an even dispersion.

I agree. IMHO, anyone having difficulty making that transition from a traditional guitar cabinet experience to FRFR should strongly consider a solution based upon a coaxial speaker configuration, such as by XiTone, Mission Engineering. or Atomic.

• Dont forget STEREO too ;)
    (at least try the difference )

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.