Looking at buying used Kemper: anything in particular to avoid?

• I'm giving serious thought to making the switch to a Kemper for my live playing. As I look for used heads, is there anything that I should look at to "avoid"? Do I need to know what firmware version the head is at? My understanding is they all can be upgraded to the latest/greatest version. Are there any issues with particular years or versions that I should be aware of?

Still going back and forth on whether to get a powered head or a non powered head. Leaning towards "powered" (if I can find the right deal) as I "think" I have more options with how to use it for gigs/practices, etc.

Overall, still in the "gathering info" stage but want to know what to avoid just in case a deal comes up.

• Before you buy, please contact me. I will be selling my KPA Rack (Unpowered), KPA Remote, Two Mission EP1-KP pedals, and a Matrix GT1600FX Power Amp.

Full rig for anyone venue or style.

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.”

• Before you buy, please contact me. I will be selling my KPA Rack (Unpowered), KPA Remote, Two Mission EP1-KP pedals, and a Matrix GT1600FX Power Amp.

Full rig for anyone venue or style.

Apparently I cant contact anyone yet. Not sure why. Feel free to email me. If you cant get email from my user id here you can find me (same name) on The Gear page.
    thx all.

• Check the LEDs.
    Some early models had defective LEDs that were repaired under warranty by Kemper.
    Not sure what the warranty situation is with a used KPA, but if it is out of warranty, you might be stuck with them.

• Thanks for the info guys. Got a deal on a powered Kemper and foot controller today so its on the way. No apparent issues with it so we'll hope for the best. I'm sure I'll have many more questions as I start this whole modeling process.

• Thanks for the info guys. Got a deal on a powered Kemper and foot controller today so its on the way. No apparent issues with it so we'll hope for the best. I'm sure I'll have many more questions as I start this whole modeling process.

You are gonna love it! They are awesome. There are tons of guys here that can answer any question you might have about it too. Congratulations!

Don't forget to download and at least scan through the manual....LOT's of great and indispensable info there.
    Welcome to the club.

• I'm giving serious thought to making the switch to a Kemper for my live playing. As I look for used heads, is there anything that I should look at to "avoid"? Do I need to know what firmware version the head is at? My understanding is they all can be upgraded to the latest/greatest version. Are there any issues with particular years or versions that I should be aware of?

Still going back and forth on whether to get a powered head or a non powered head. Leaning towards "powered" (if I can find the right deal) as I "think" I have more options with how to use it for gigs/practices, etc.

Overall, still in the "gathering info" stage but want to know what to avoid just in case a deal comes up.

@kingsxman I bought mine second hand and have had no issues with it whatsoever. I created a video about my experience with it since. Perhaps this may help

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Woohoo! Well done, kingsxman!