Frfr

• I am considering to buy Yamaha dxr 12 or Electro voice zlx12, and I wonder if it sounds bassy without tweeking the output eq.
    I am using good studio monitores now and it sound pretty bassy and dull without any adjustents on the output.
    I thought it would sound greate without eq sins its frfr speakers, but no.
    Whats your experiense with no eq on the output?
    Regatds Paul

• I just listened to Dxr10 and Dxr12. I agree the Dxr10 is the one to go for.
    I wonder if you guys eq the output on a frfr speaker. And why is it so important with a flat response speker if it still needs equalizing...

• And why is it so important with a flat response speker if it still needs equalizing...

In general and the ideal world it is a bad idea to EQ just for that particular FRFR. The FRFR should be the sound reference for a good guitar sound. In other words: Adjust your amp section to sound good with the output settings to the FRFR being flat.This way your guitar should sound good in any studio with a different set of FRFR or on any PA speakers.

Now, nothing is ideal. I.e. will any FRFR sound slightly different from room to room. If setup in room corners things even get worse. If any FRFR is less flat then advertised, then there might be a reason to always EQ it. But that should be carefully checked with other sets of monitors and in other rooms. A mistake here will wreck the whole idea of going FRFR.

Ne travaillez jamais.

• I use a Yamaha DXR8 as my monitor, because i tryed it out when i bought the Kemper.. I always make my rigs at gig volume and settings on the DXR is neutral. Our JBL PA sounds almost just similar to the sound trough my DXR, and that is exactly the reason i bought the Kemper, unpowered verson.. I use it 95% live, and sound out trough PA is the most important. I use Sennheizer in ear together with the DXR and got CD quality sound in my ears!

• A bit more volume will change how you perceive the sound as well. My JBL lsr305's are too warm at low volumes, but come to life with some volume. It's the good old Fletcher-Munson curve ...

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• My experience is the same. I thought Kemper would be perfect for low volume or headphones. When I listen to samples from profile providers on the net at low volume they sound grate if i play through my Kemper at same volume and use headphones or studio monitors its not the same at all. I really need to play loud to make my Kemper come to live. Sometimes I think its something wrong with my Kemper...
    I have tried it with many guitars Les Paul, Ibanez Fender with different pickups....
    Now I will get a powerful frfr pa speaker and forget about playing at low volume.
    For me its seams to not work vell at low volume....

• why not the Atomic ? they are the best I think.

I am not sure.. maby isolated the Atomic is best sounding for a guitarist point of view. live its a different story!
    se this very nice compare from Ingolf! very good video!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.