Global boost option

• I would like a post pre amp (pre effects) boost option, controlable by midi (and switch).
    Ideal would be to toggle between 3 stages, normal , + x Db, + y Db.

Reason is i want to go from comping volume to solo volume for all my presets with one click.

Current alternatives is see

- 1 Add an other volume padel...I already have 2 for wah and delay levels, my controler has only 2, and i really dont need full range of a pedal, just louder..and more louder :) . Also, with a volume pedal, when the stage moves a bit, the volume pedal moves a bit, resulting in the volume changing to the pedal setting of the last used preset, instead of the pre defined one in the preset
    2- probably is possible to put a pedal in the post preamp "x slot", but that would sacrifice all dynamic/eq post pre amp...only one slot there.
    3- use 2 switches on controller to modify pre amp out...that would require 2 switches instead of one, also volume will be defined in the controller instead of the kemper, taking away the fast editing options that the Kemper gives.

Any other options i missed?

• You could use Morph to provide a volume boost, by pedal or switch.

If you are using a MIDI controller, you may be able to program two different switches (or a switch and a third pedal) - one that sends x value volume, and another that sends y(full?) value volume. This could be done with Morph or with Volume commands.

Or, one could send a Morph command to a value, and the other could send a Volume command to the other value.

• I'd like to bump this request, although it has been unchanged for a while.

There are reasons why solo-boost is among the most common remote switchable features on real amps. Probably no 3 after channel/gain switch and reverb on/off. I see the possibility of sending midi-signals from external equipment, but I'd rather not have to add unnecessary complexity to my rig. Using any of the existing FX-slots also mean there are potential conflicts with rigs from various sources.

Thus my suggestion is a global (system) setting for a post pre-amp boost with an ability to override per rig in rig-settings. The type of boost could be selectable from the variants already present on the unit.

Global-boost on/off should be possible to assign globally to any switch connected to the unit. I would dedicate one of the pedal-connections on my remote for a big impossible-to-miss switch-pedal. Another prime target would be the looper-switch for all those who don't use the looper much for live performances.

The boost-effects are already implemented. The required changes include insertion of an additional FX in the chain, UI for boost selection and parameters in the System and Rig menus, as well as adding the global-boost toggle to the assignable switch-functions.

Some sort of indication of global boost being activated on the KPA panel and remote-display would also be nice.

• I agree that a global adjustable volume boost would be good as I always used to buy ENGL's becuase they had 2 switchable master volumes..

BUT, I use Morph to change volume as suggested by Paults so its slot specific and therefore more versatile. Its dead quick to set up as well...just select morphed slot, change volume and save...done. So I don't now need a global volume boost and I can only see a use if you have loads of performances to manage..

• I also use morph for it, works very well, however, to me its a shame to sacrifice a wonderfull functionality as morph for a simple volume boost.

All live players use it in one way or the other, so why not make a default one.
    Saves programming, allows the morph to be used for fancier stuff, and save a control pedal for some users.