I LOVE my new Kemper Rack...

• thanks for the encouragement everyone. It's a few days in and I'm definitely getting the hang of things. Someone posted in the tips forum about the USB keyboard on the front for naming... godsend.

So I am a longtime S-Gear user, and have amassed a large amount of Ownhammer and other IRs, including the 3SA acoustic IRs. I have gathered from reading here, and other sites, that 3rd party IRs don't generally work as well with Kempers as the stock cabs. I don't have a problem with this as the stock cabs sound great, I was just wondering.. how do I load in a acoustic IR into a blank Rig? Do I have to use a USB stick? I can't seem to see anything in RM to do this...

Thanks again everyone.

There's a separate Cab IR -> .kipr conversion utility you have to use, under downloads page of the Kemper website.

Convert your IR's, put them in the Shared folder of your Kemper USB, and import into the Kemper. Then you can browse in Cabinet (under "Presets" soft button, not "From Rigs") and find it there.

Remember to turn amp and eq off from the stack, unless you want them. Just load up the cabinet section for the acoustic IR.

• Cab Maker eh... this I have to see.

Secondly, profiles of my S-Gear rigs... :!::!:

So would I treat that like a direct(?) Profile, and then add in the IR that I'm using after the fact? Or do I just profile the whole setup? Could someone explain the cabling-up process? I use a Scarlett 6i6

• Welcome!

Engineers rule ;)

The UI took me a bit to get a hang of too. The UI is arranged in a physical "left to right" / "Input to Output". Of course there are some options that defy this physical layout ;)

As is the problem with every complex device, making the compromise between fewer controls, and ease of use is always a problem.

I have found that getting good tone from the Kemper is not that difficult a task. Basic operation using the EQ, Amplifier, delay and reverb settings can bring incredible tonal bliss. Everything else is icing on the cake ;)

• Cab Maker eh... this I have to see.

Well, it's just a utility that converts standard .wav IR's into Kemper-format ones. No need for scepticism there, brother.

Secondly, profiles of my S-Gear rigs...

Of course! Modellers (PODs etc.) and plug-ins are easier than real-amp-and-cab setups to Profile 'cause mic selection and placement don't even come into it.

So would I treat that like a direct(?) Profile, and then add in the IR that I'm using after the fact? Or do I just profile the whole setup?

I'd just Profile the whole shebang as if it were an amp and cab. Be sure to disable time-based FX 'though!

Could someone explain the cabling-up process? I use a Scarlett 6i6

You're an engineer by profession, right Sean? OK, maybe just look at it logically:

Hook the Kemper up as if you were going to Profile a real amp and cab, but instead of sending the Kemper's signal to the amp, send it to your S-Gear plug-in, and the return from that to your Kemper in place of the mic you'd otherwise have used in a "real-world" setup. It's a simple substitution.

If it's the types of cables and which specific I/O's to use on your Scarlett that you're concerned about, someone who owns the interface too will no doubt chime in. Hang in there mate.

• Well here we go... does this forum support Soundcloud links?

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Mix of Profiles, Tweaked U2 Streets profile, MBritt Helio solo, the bass is actually a Trainwreck profile I found in the RE. Just a quick 1 take short rip to test out recording to Logic getting the SPDIF inputs mapped properly.

• Before you order the remote, since you have the behringer, check:
    http://www.fcb1010.eu

yeah mine has the eureka prom and does what its supposed to, but I'm not feeling the travel of the pedals, and I don't like the fact that I have to switch between preset mode, and pedal mode to be able to get to all features of the rig. I think my second biggest annoyance, and this might be a Kemper limitation (not sure yet), but I want to have one pedal, that's volume all the time unless I trigger a toe button like on a real wah pedal and then it becomes a wah. I'm pretty sure I just need a different pedal and that can be toggled in the Kemper setup. The FCB pedals dont have toggle switches in the toe down position

• yeah mine has the eureka prom and does what its supposed to, but I'm not feeling the travel of the pedals, and I don't like the fact that I have to switch between preset mode, and pedal mode to be able to get to all features of the rig. I think my second biggest annoyance, and this might be a Kemper limitation (not sure yet), but I want to have one pedal, that's volume all the time unless I trigger a toe button like on a real wah pedal and then it becomes a wah. I'm pretty sure I just need a different pedal and that can be toggled in the Kemper setup. The FCB pedals dont have toggle switches in the toe down position

with the chip, its pretty much plug and play imo. Switching between modes doesnt sound familiar to me. The Kemper chip gives you the 5 rigs in Your performance mode, 4 stomps, and delay tap per bank at factory settings.

Pedals:
    With mine 1 pedal is always volume, pedal 2 is always wah.
    I leave The wah effect always on, because it bypasses when the wah pedal is not moving, pretty convinient imo.
    Hoping to find a way to toggle pedal 2 to control delay volume...but didnt look very hard.