Very clever - Fret Zeppelin

• It is not new all all.Years ago I had a student who used something similiar.And even by that time it was old.

Anyway..Personally I believe strongly that the reason for "early frustration" learning the very first chords is not where to find the notes to play.The main reason for "first chords-frustration" is the teacher who does not care to teach this in the right way..more specific:If the student does not learn from the first try to put his fingers on/off the fretboard simultanously while practicing the chord it will end up in early frustration since "searching" for each note of the chord one by one is the most frequently made mistake(together with the wrong positioning of the thumb) by any beginner and you need a teacher who not only teaches this but also "gets angry" when it is not done in the right way from the very first chord-lesson.. ;)

I always try to look as "evil" as &%$§ when the student starts to do the "finger by finger-search" and the only thing I say is something like "I dont want to see this ever again"..

It always works fine..specually with little kids.. :/:D

This fretzep-thing may be helpfull for scales.

• That's pretty cool as stage schtick. Doubt it will help learning though. Most of "early frustration" comes from the fact that most people can't hear, have attention span of a squirrel and really like the idea of playing guitar, not playing itself. I am not a guitar teacher and never will be :)

• the problem when playing guitar is not where to put them! the problem is to make the fingers go there!! so the thing is.. play it over and over again from slow to fast tempo until you got it.. but realy a nice gimic!

• Man, if I could count the times I helped people buy acoustic guitars because "they want to play guitar" and then stop touching the instrument after a period of time, lol.

I think more than the difficulty with learning to play a chord, or even notes, it's the physical demands. Your fingers bleed when you start to play guitar seriously, one of the best times of my life. Now I have fingers like Remo from "Remo Unarmed and Dangerous" (awesome 80s movie)!