Annoying frequency on ALL (???) amps physical/digital SOLVED!!!! (sort of, at least)

• Did you even see my post instead of being pissed off at the world?

This plugin!!

https://oeksound.com/soothe/

:thumbup:

Sorry. I have no idea why I thoguht you was talking about Bias Amp.

But I'm not sure that will make it better.
    I have Izotope Ozone that has (what I believe is) a very similar dynamic EQ plugin.
    So yeah, I haven't tried Soothe, but I've already tried the Izotope Ozone version of it.

It doesn't get rid of the noise, it's already there, the goal is to not having the noise there to begin wtih.
    Can't EQ it out

• Contact a local amp tech and talk about some mods to the amp. People mod their heads all the time to smooth out the tone and tame the low end. I am not an amp tech.

Soothe is post obviously, but is unlike any plugin I have tried. Not solving your issue but definitely an alternative in the meantime.

• You actually seem to understand the issue a little more than others in the thread. Applauds :thumbup:
    But no, plec/pick has nothing to do with this.

Well I just thought I'd try to help. It is like a puzzle that wants to be solved and you can't stop thinking about. But at the moment I have no idea what the heck it could be when all factors I can think of (from the distance without seeing an touching everything) are eliminated.

• You didn't understand what I was talking about...

The youtube video with Running Wild is an example where that noise is audiable...
    Thats a bad thing, read my text again, you misunderstood

Read and understand before assuming stuff (that happened a lot last time.. and seems to happen now too)

Why don't you take a deep breath dude.

Regardless of that last video also having that noise in your ears, why don't you link to a piece of music that DOESN'T have that noise then. Specifically one where you can hear JUST the guitar, so it isn't just masked by the other tracks.

• Michael has a point. You ask for help, then get extremely combative with those who reply. Even if you feel someone's reply has no value, they're just trying to help.

After all, this is the Kemper forum. Maybe your question is better suited for a different forum where real amps and mods are discussed.

• Contact a local amp tech and talk about some mods to the amp. People mod their heads all the time to smooth out the tone and tame the low end. I am not an amp tech.

Soothe is post obviously, but is unlike any plugin I have tried. Not solving your issue but definitely an alternative in the meantime.

I dont think local guitar techs modify Kempers :thumbup:

Why don't you take a deep breath dude.
    Regardless of that last video also having that noise in your ears, why don't you link to a piece of music that DOESN'T have that noise then. Specifically one where you can hear JUST the guitar, so it isn't just masked by the other tracks.

This is just like Running Wild recorded with Engl Savage and I can't hear it unless I REALLY try to listen closely... and barely then.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This is also Engl Savage... Absolute no trace of that noise.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Listen to above clips...

You cant be saying either of those are highpassed to 400-500? :love:

• Michael has a point. You ask for help, then get extremely combative with those who reply. Even if you feel someone's reply has no value, they're just trying to help.

After all, this is the Kemper forum. Maybe your question is better suited for a different forum where real amps and mods are discussed.

1. I ask people to NOT assume I have bad hearing in the first post

2. Somebody brings it up anyway

Of course I can annoyed by that

Also, some people clearly doesn't even understand the actual problem.
    Changing picking technique wont solve this problem at all.
    Just "for fun" I tried angling the pick in different ways, trying different picks, hitting softer lighter...
    No, how could this solve an issue involving a static white noise? 8|

• The playing style is the key. The noise is actually there, even on the Running Wild track. But the playing there is way more "percussive" for lack of a better word. Your own playing doesn't have these very accentuated, individual (separate) notes. That's why it's WAY more obvious on your demo files.

But here's help to understand. I just grabbed a short sample from the Running Wild track and duplicated it to a "constant" tone. You will immediately hear the same kind of noise that bugs you.

External Content soundcloud.com

• The playing style is the key. The noise is actually there, even on the Running Wild track. But the playing there is way more "percussive" for lack of a better word. Your own playing doesn't have these very accentuated, individual (separate) notes. That's why it's WAY more obvious on your demo files.

But here's help to understand. I just grabbed a short sample from the Running Wild track and duplicated it to a "constant" tone. You will immediately hear the same kind of noise that bugs you.

Yes, that's exactly what I was saying in the first post :rolleyes:

Well yeah, I played like that to make sure that noise came through so everybody could hear it (even tho some seems to not get it anyway :D )

Yes, I did link that because I hear that noise in the Running Wild clip too. :thumbup:

• @Cederick I just put on a pair of headphones and finally understand what you are hearing. Its hard to explain as its almost like a low wind tunnel. No post EQ or anything on the Kemper will fix this. Damn, this is bothering me now as I cannot un-hear it.

• The sound is from the source AMP, Kemper profiles the source AMP. Kemper has done its job. To eliminate the issue the source needs to change.

Yep, that's why I posted it in the "Other Gear" section :thumbup: but yeah, it includes Kemper, as well. But please dont mistake this as "bashing"...

@Cederick I just put on a pair of headphones and finally understand what you are hearing. Its hard to explain as its almost like a low wind tunnel. No post EQ or anything on the Kemper will fix this. Damn, this is bothering me now as I cannot un-hear it.

THANK YOU MAN!!!!!!! :thumbup::D:love:

And sorry for exposing that noise to you. It bothering the hell out of me, as you might imagine :D

The more I've heard it on different situations the less I can "unhear" it, just like you say.

You know, I've had the Roland Microcube for over like 12 years I think, and I didn't notice the noise on that one, before I started noticing it on the KEmper.

When I got the Kemper, thats when I got REALLY critical about the tone I was recording with, and listening closely to everything in the sound.
    And after I while I started noticing this noise, more or less, in other applications.

• I downloaded Steveness's "JCM800 Mergeed" profile last night, and today I tried it a bit more.

I think this has got to be one of the profiles with the least amount of "windtunnel" white noise I've tried so far.

Here's a little random 80s metal riff with that profile. Sure it's masked by bass and snare but I didn't record this to talk about the noise anyway, just to praise Steveness for a very fine free profile. :saint:

• It's basically the nature of the beast. There's lots of "chaos" going on in these analog electronics. Tubes, resistors, capacitors, everything contributes to the chaotic (and welcome) distortion of the input signal. The more you push the electronics (and the older and worn out they get) the more the unpleasant side effects dominate.

I haven't analyzed in depth but as a suggestion for a test ... how do things change with less gain? It's often a case of using to much gain while looking for that massive tone you feel in the recordings of your favourite bands. Often the massive tone comes from a super tight parallel run of lead, rhythm guitar and even bass. Each of them with much less gain than one might have expected. Worth a try, isn't it? ;)

• It's basically the nature of the beast. There's lots of "chaos" going on in these analog electronics. Tubes, resistors, capacitors, everything contributes to the chaotic (and welcome) distortion of the input signal. The more you push the electronics (and the older and worn out they get) the more the unpleasant side effects dominate.

I haven't analyzed in depth but as a suggestion for a test ... how do things change with less gain? It's often a case of using to much gain while looking for that massive tone you feel in the recordings of your favourite bands. Often the massive tone comes from a super tight parallel run of lead, rhythm guitar and even bass. Each of them with much less gain than one might have expected. Worth a try, isn't it? ;)

Yeah but I already know that. I always try to use as little gain as possible.
    About 90% of all metal profiles have way too much gain for my own taste.
    I usually have to dial them down 10-40% right from the start.