Vox Profiles- I'm picky

• Hi folks!

I am looking around for some nice VOX profiles right now, and I was hopping to find something that has been profiled recently with the new update from a few months ago that uses a di signal to split the cabinet and head (My top priority), as well as something similar to the soundside profiles that sound good without having a pre-fabricated effects chain. I've always preferred the way those profiles sound, and how shopping through them on my display, I'm not hearing the effects or EQ's placed in there by profilers like AmpFactory. Help a lady out! :saint:

P.S. I am quite fond of the 60's top boost sound. I love the chime.

“Cinema is the ultimate pervert art. It doesn't give you what you desire - it tells you how to desire.” ― Slavoj Žižek

• Hey Mrs. S! :D

Michael Britt's VOX Profiles have received a lot of love, but AFAIK they aren't Merged Profiles (separately-made amp and cab ones which are subsequently-combined).

However, as I suggested, many folks have declared that after much searching and waiting, these Profiles capture that classic chime you seek in a very-classy-and-faithful way. Maybe scoot on over to his site and have a listen to the demos; I assume there'll be some. You're looking for the "65 ACE30" pack.

As far as your reference to the "new software" is concerned, that functionality has been around since, I think, the v3 OS, which is roughly 2 years old. Generally speaking, it's folks who run non-FRFR cabs who benefit most from the Merged Profiles. The standard "Studio" Profiles' renditions of amp/cab combinations, according to many, contain a bit of magic as far as cab behaviour is concerned that apparently isn't captured in the IR-gathering process from which any IRs you might want to employ (with Merged Profiles) would have originated. Hence, my suggestion that unless you're using a non-FRFR cab, I wouldn't worry about it.

Hope that wasn't too confusing and that I got it right; this whole Direct-Profile / Merged / non-FRFR-cab / live-playing thing isn't my strong suit...

• Yep agree with @Monkey_Man - 65ace30 pack is great. M Britt profiles are all brilliant.

You could also try:
    http://www.guidorist.com/en/pr…er-amp-profiles-voice-15/
    For ac15 profiles at a very reasonable price. They sound great as well.

Guido's pack is clean-only, which is why I didn't mention it.

Thank you for your feedback on Michael's pack too, @Deej09!

Thanks folks! I'll check them out! I have a few Mbritt profiles and I enjoy them.

The only reason I was interested in the profiles that aren't merged is to use my own cabs at school to experiment with my own mic placement and combinations. I like being able to mic my own cabs! But as far as heads are concerned, I really think the kemper hold up so well against the real deal that I don't see the need to have the "real deal". I'm not always up to the lingo on the Forums, so thanks for cluing me in. This is honestly one of the coolest communities on the internet.

“Cinema is the ultimate pervert art. It doesn't give you what you desire - it tells you how to desire.” ― Slavoj Žižek

• Another vote here for the M Britt pack but, as mentioned above, these are studio profiles. Not an issue for me but if that's a major consideration for you then they won't fit the bill.

Top Jimi does a decent one too. Personally I prefer the M Britt for the Vox but, as with all these things, they're all 50 shades of great so what you prefer is going to be down to your personal preference. For my most-used guitars to make the noises my ears like, the Britt profiles just work for me without me having to tweak anything and that is a big plus for my lazy side. Which is most of me :)

• I've only done one profile of my AC15H1TV . Though I'm partial because it's mine, It's a great Rock n' Roll amp.

Search for AC15 Heritage author: Jen

It is the EF86 channel and is quite usable from clean to dirty.

Rock On,
    Jen :thumbup:

You know I'm born to lose, and gambling's for fools
    But that's the way I like it baby
    I don't wanna live forever

• I play mostly live and M. Britt's 65 ACE 30 profiles (well, five of them anyways) comprise my current live performance performances. (five profiles going from clean to high gain, three performance banks with different stopms/effects). I highly recommend them.

The funny thing is that while I have always liked the Vox tone, they weren't as high on my list of 'must haves' as some of the other amps that are available in both the RE and commercial market. However, after giving them a test run (like many here, I have a tendency to always want to try new profiles...) they are perfect for my current situation and fit right in the mix with very little tweaking (setting up morph boost, etc.). Finding them allowed me a much needed window of opportunity to focus on some other things (like coming up with an improved strategy for setting up my performances).

I'm probably going to add 2-3 more amps into rotation (Dan's Dumble for instance, but I have several TAF, Top Jimi and recently acquired Mattfig amps to consider), but for now those 65 ACE 30 profiles are my GO TO rigs.

• Here are the rigs in my current performance bank:

65 voice ace30
    B 2 3
    B 2 4
    B 1 5*
    B 2 7
    B 1 8

All from the Bright channel obviously. I set up banks for the Jumpered and Normal channels early on but found myself gravitating to these.

• I'm a sucker of Vox AC 30 tones, having myself owned several of these fabulous amps.
    Apart from my own profiles of my AC 30 HW I like Top Jimi's '63 Vox AC 30 profiles best.
    In this case better than the other offerings of TAF, Britt and Meulendijk which I also own because TJ has succeeded better in capturing the certain sweetness/chime of a great AC 30.
    They are not merged though.
    Don't forget to check out the original Kemper Nashville profiles of the AC 30 (which are legacy factory content AFAIK) as well.

• Apart from my own profiles of my AC 30 HW I like Top Jimi's '63 Vox AC 30 profiles best.

In this case better than the other offerings of TAF, Britt and Meulendijk which I also own because TJ has succeeded better in capturing the certain sweetness/chime of a great AC 30. the AC 30 (which are legacy factory content AFAIK) as well.

Agree, those are amazing.