Backup question

• What is the best way to backup all your rigs and performances? I see a backup Rig Manger Content option from the Tools menu. I also see an export rigs option from the file menu, but I don't know if that's exporting rigs from the Kemper or rigs from Rig Manager or both? Just trying to understand exactly what is backed up, and how others backup their rigs and performances.

Cheers!
    John

• The "Export Rigs" option requires that you first make a selection of a single or group of Rigs. The menu item, when selected, brings up a dialogue through which you can navigate to (or, more-quickly, drag your preferred destination folder to the pop-up window) your chosen folder for storage / archiving.

Confirming the action then copies the selected Rigs to said destination. It's a convoluted way of copying compared to the straight-up drag-and-drop method, but I use it whenever the Finder (Mac) refuses to accept data to folders, which often happens where dragging links from Safari and Rigs from RM are concerned. I've experienced this behaviour since OS 10.9.x Mavericks (now on El Capitan), and the only fix for it, for me at least, is to relaunch the Finder, which I tend to put off doing 'cause it can result in various folders across my 6 desktops ("Spaces") going AWOL.

• I would just do both, but make sure you have a USB thumb drive backup in your guitar case if you are playing live. Also put the OS version you are using in case of emergency.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7