Kemper tip

• I loaned my Kemper to a friend who was anxious to try it (he is an Axe Fx user). Upon receiving it back the unit sounded different, lack of volume and the tone was not very good. At first I thought it was the power amp. I use a EVH 2/12 cab with a fryette power station. So I re tubed the power station but this did not resolve the issue. So I decided to re initialize the Kemper. It was easy to do and low and behold it resolved the issue. I had tons of volume and tone back and once again a happy camper in the Kemper camp! I almost was going to sell the whole rig but glad I continued to resolve the issue. I still don't know what parameter my buddy changed and believe me I looked but in the end things worked out. Sometimes perseverance is the key.

Cheers ! :)

• Indeed, Paul.

Upon receiving it back the unit sounded different, lack of volume and the tone was not very good.

FWIMBW, lack of volume and degradation of tone could have been caused by the permanent (non-FX-slot) noise gate's being locked and with a very-high setting.

That said, who knows what it was? The important thing is that you're a Happy Kemper™ again!