CLR V.S Guitar Cab // how to obtain pleasant sound in rehearsal ?

• Hello,

I have A CLR monitor cab passive and i don't succeed to find a pleasant sound at high volume in rehearsal situation.

Do you have any suggestion to help me to have a sound as pleasant as guitar cab, punchy, loud....

Do you have some Cab to suggest to try (physical one or profiled one).
    Is a real guitar cab a good option on scene ? So, I could hear my guitar trough it and send the profile to FOH.

Is there any people who work like this ?

How do you position your cab (CLR) ?

Any experience feedback or link toward thread are welcome ;)

I play rock.

Thnk you !

Michael.

• ok. Jow do you tweak your sound ? Wich kind of profile cab do you use?
    The clr is postioned as backline or wedge?
    Do you use monitor eq to adapt the sound?
    Do you have a profile of distortion to test?

• I use a passive Mission Engineering Gemini 1-P FRFR cab with a PowerHead and it sounds fantastic. The Gemini reacts very similar to a guitar cab in part because of the coaxial speaker design. The louder it gets the better it sounds.

• where do you place it HIGHER than the ground ??
    how far away from the drums??, i would put it closer and higher first

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• i place my clr behind me on the ground in backline mode because it is for rehearsal so other members need to ear me... so not in wedge mode in front of me.
    Clean and cruch are ok but disto..... i use fendr strat deluxe.
    Do you have some good cab to try?

• Right so its only the distortion. After trying the setting suggestions on the kemper (Ingofl's etc)
    If nothing, sounds to me like we may need another CLR wedge and to run it in Stereo.
    Which is better any way (Stereo makes the kemper come alive)

The only other thing i can suggest is to use a Mission Gemini 2 FRFR Cab (its Stereo too)
    Its VERY loud, yes i use the Mission Cab and its powerful and has no prob with high gain.

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Is it possible de feed a physical guitar cab with my CLR ?
    Ok for the gemini 2 FRFR cab but it so expensive ;)

> Ingolf : How do you do in rehearsal with your CLR as Wedge position ? You use also a PA for the other member of group ? Your CLR is on wedge but behing you ?

• Do you know if it is possible to feed a passive Guitar cab with my Active CLR.
    In order to have :
    KPA --> CLR 500W (for my monitoring) --> Passive Guitar cab for "Amp in the room sound"

• Yes, you can connect the speaker output of the powered Kemper to a passive guitar cab, and then use the monitor output on the back of the Kemper to get sound to your active CLR speaker.

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong.

• Call me crazy but, I use a powered kpa into a 4x12 with monitor cab off, presence and bass +0.5 in monitor eq, pure cab on about 0.8 I think And I run a splitter from the headphones out to a PA with headphone space at around 3.6 LOL

• Some details..

I have active CLR and i would like to use them to feed a passive guitar cab.
    SO, from my KPA, i will send signal for my CLR monitor and for the FOH.
    And from my active CLR i would like to send signal to a passive guitar cab in order to have a back line "amp in the room sound" and my monirot.

• Some details..

I have active CLR and i would like to use them to feed a passive guitar cab.
    SO, from my KPA, i will send signal for my CLR monitor and for the FOH.
    And from my active CLR i would like to send signal to a passive guitar cab in order to have a back line "amp in the room sound" and my monirot.

No, that would not be possible. There are no speaker outputs from the CLR and I don't think it can function as a power amp.

• Not to mention that even that kind of setup would mean you'd be running a cab sim through the passive cab because the Atomic sure aint gonna sound good with no cab emulation. Your passive cab, if this were even possible, won't really sound all that appetizing.

• If you have a toaster and want to run both a cabinet as well as your active CLR, I suggest you look into one of the aftermarket solutions for a power amp. Stuff from Camplifier and other companies. I believe they work real well. You could then send the monitor out or mains to your CLR and route another output with the cabinet off to your cabinet.

If you have a rack, you can always consider buying a regular power amp and getting this done.