Women Of Ireland( Mná na hÉireann)

• I've always wanted to play this track on guitar but I couldn't find a decent backingtrack, so I've decided to do it all from scratch. Enjoy!

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Good effort, Art! I can see you put a lot of work into that.

If you're interested and able to revisit the mix, here's an observation, FWIMBW:

I can't tell whether or not it's just due to phase cancellation of a wide-spread L<->R distorted-guitar signal on my CrapMac™ mono speaker, but the heavy tones were generally-low in level and pushed far back into the mix, making the drums seem even-louder than they would've been otherwise, which IMHO was too-loud anyway.

I can't speak for bass as this speaker doesn't allow me to hear anything whatsoever in that area, unless, for example, bass guitar is heavily-distorted or exhibits heavy fret buzz.

Other than that, congratulations on an admirable effort, man! 8o

• Oh, I've no doubt it sounds good, Kulle, which is why I said, "I can see you put a lot of work into that" and "... congratulations on an admirable effort, man!".

Your comment makes me wonder... could it have been mixed on headphones? If this was the case, that'd help explain why I can hardly hear the guitar in mono; mono-checking might've been overlooked, or stereo guitar panned harder-left-and-right than would've been the case if monitoring through speakers.

Either way, yes, Art's done a great job at reproducing this piece. There's plenty of subtle complexity in there, and anyone who can programme and play it is no mug!

• Here's the Great Anto Drennan who's a member on the 'Guitarist Ireland' facebook group playing lead on Sharon Corrs version.

If you join Guitarist Ireland he contributes on a daily basis generally and is easy to catch up with.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Ooooooh what a awesome tone! 8|
    I like it! Wonderfull! And a great arrangement! Hell! :thumbup:
    On which rig is it based?
    Burner!

Thank you for listening, I used a M. Britt Dumble profile, two guitars, one of them with a sustainer pickup.

If you're interested and able to revisit the mix, here's an observation, FWIMBW:

I can't tell whether or not it's just due to phase cancellation of a wide-spread L<->R distorted-guitar signal on my CrapMac™ mono speaker, but the heavy tones were generally-low in level and pushed far back into the mix, making the drums seem even-louder than they would've been otherwise, which IMHO was too-loud anyway.

Yes, you are perfectly right, but I`m not too good at mixing, and the mistake I made is that i recorded the guitars in stereo, not in mono. Thanks for advice!

Here's the Great Anto Drennan who's a member on the 'Guitarist Ireland' facebook group playing lead on Sharon Corrs version.

External Content www.youtube.com

In fact, this is the version that inspired me. Anto Drennan is a great guitarist.

• Hey, thank you for listening, Art. I hope I didn't come off as a party-pooper. Just hoped to help, mate. ;)

You could always try dropping the drum level a bit if you're able to run the mix again.

Also, you just might be able to bring the hard-panned (if they were) L and R guitar tracks closer together and flip the phase of one side or nudge, one or a few samples at a time, one of the tracks whilst listening in mono 'til the sound becomes "more-solid". Make sense? That way, you won't have to crank the level in order for it to be heard - more-efficient, IOW, and it'll preserve energy for the other instruments in the mix while at the same time helping the guitar to stand out more. A win-win situation, if you like.

Just some thoughts mate, and again, only if you're able to re-run and render the mix again.