Mixing opinions wanted! I have gone on for too long

• EDIT 2:

Here's an ANOTHER update

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

No sure if I like this either STILL

• Compare that to my latest Youtube video...

This mix is EMBARRESSING... super thin ||

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The mix in OP is better but I'm not sure if I'm doing everything right

• I still dont get enough low end but its mudding up the sound!!!

Compare that to like this...
    It has WAY more bottom but still not muddy :(

External Content www.youtube.com

• What about this?

I have no idea for me it just sounds muddy, crappy

• I like that last one the best, I think - but I like the bass to be prominent :) which may not be what you're looking for.

I think you need to step away from it for a week. Going from like to hate in five minutes is a sign that you need time apart right now :)

But other than that - get the bass to the right level - and THEN deal with the muddiness (which i don't necesarily think is too bad, actually). Though it may be a bit boxy. It's not exactly the same tone as the rhapsody track, but it's also fairly different in energy etc.

One thing to try - AFTER getting the rigt overall levels - is to put an EQ on the master buss and try to make some moves on that where you think you improve the overall sound Go for a few simple moves - the "big wins". Then copy that EQ to your guitar and bass tracks, and see which of those moves are suitable for each individual track - adjust from there. Not all those tracks will need it, but it can be a great help to go from big picture to smaller elements like that

• I thiink Michael is right. Don´t hang into too long. Get your ears a break and build it up again.

• sounds like over-compression, -limiting issues to me.

compare the waveform of your track to the one you posted as reference, which is much more open and breathing, whereas in yours everything is all the way to the front fighting for space without any dynamics left.

sorry to say so, but this is THE rookie mistake.
    get rid of all those multiband limiters (especially in the sum) that were most likely used.
    make a working mix first.

personally, I recommend reading The Mixing Engineer's Handbook by Bobby Owsinski

• what else would you compare it to?

if the mastered one sounds more alive than the not mastered one - like in this case - you know something is up.
    mastering a bad mix will make is sound worse in a way, with all the issues becoming more apparent, not better.

• I compare it to various songs I have on my studio computer like Grave Digger, Judas Priest, Loudness etc etc

Here's latest... Not sure if this is any good either :(

• Another one...

Is the guitar muddying the entire sound?!?!? Maybe i have to reamp again!!

• I have now tried reamping because I believe the previous guitar sound was muddying the entire mix...

Tried a @sinmix 6262 profile ;)

• Ok now I'm giving up on having the same amp sound on the entire album.

Now I will reamp each song individuelly with different profiles... We will see if this is the right decision or if I'm going to go completely mad 8o

I have never gone so far before. Only adjusting different levels of gain on different song parts but never completely different amp sounds... :S

I got inspired to do this while listening to Iron Saviors debut album: almost every song has different amp sounds.
    And to make me feel better, I actually think that some of the amp tones are complete junk, but they work well in the context of the mix.
    So I have to try myself at this approach!