After 3 days of constant reamping... UPDATE: getting solved!

• Ceddy hang in there, it will just take some time to find the solution brother, now what do we have to COMPARE too, can you post a clip thats a reference to what you want AND THEN show the comparison ? Get some DI's to Sin too and maybe DAN...They are re amping masters, they will help just don't let it get you down man
    gotta try to fix this first :)

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Ceddy hang in there, it will just take some time to find the solution brother, now what do we have to COMPARE too, can you post a clip thats a reference to what you want AND THEN show the comparison ? Get some DI's to Sin too and maybe DAN...They are re amping masters, they will help just don't let it get you down man

Ash

It's right there in the thread, how in the world could you miss that? :/
    :S:S:S:S:S:S:S:SX/X/X/X/X/X/X/

There's FIVE BIG SOUNDCLOUD boxes...
    Look again :thumbup:

[Blocked Image: https://d1e4pidl3fu268.cloudfront.net/32a14034-68a9-42e3-a2d9-07c0fb37b457/readingquestions.crop_259x306_0%2C0.preview.jpg]

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

• Hi Ceddy sorry so the reference (tone you want) and the bad tone is in the sound cloud together??
    sorry about that man i could not understand.

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Hi Ceddy sorry so the reference (tone you want) and the bad tone is in the sound cloud together??
    sorry about that man i could not understand.

Ash

Yes, that's what the text says.

Read again:

"Each clip is first album tones from various bands
    Then followed by different Josh Middleton Kemper profiles. Tried to choose the closest."

It's not rocket science X/

Oh, and you could... *drumroll* LISTEN to the clips too and you will hear it 8o:thumbup:

• Thats a clear difference must be frustrating man, only thing i can think of is to get Sin and Dan onto it...
    Send them a DI man, its worth a shot trust me.

Ash

• I am going to assume you are using the spdif for recording ( since you were revamping) but Is there any difference if using monitor out? Or does it still sound midrange?

• Thats a clear difference must be frustrating man, only thing i can think of is to get Sin and Dan onto it...
    Send them a DI man, its worth a shot trust me.

Ash

I'm glad you understand at last man!
    Might do it :)

I am going to assume you are using the spdif for recording. Is there any difference if using monitor out? Or does it still sound midrange?

Yup, I am.

I have tried both in the past back and fourth, sounds basically exactly the same to me.

So therefor I use SPDIF exclusevily because of the convienience.

• I have made threads like this before so basically, the problem was never solved, I just repressed the issue mentally telling myself "well, it sounds good anyway" but it ALWAYS comes back. There must be a reason for it.

And this time I have much better material to show my issue as well. It's REAL!

Dont get me wrong tho: Kemper can sound good, but I just dont get the RIGHT VIBE out of it.

• If its not the compression and GAIN and man you are not new to recording its gotta just be the profile right????
    Bah... @sinmix And @MentaL with a DI they could tone match that, i bet 6 beers (thats a full bet in my world)
    Sorry to hear this pain in the ass man. I would like to hear what they have to say with a DI

Ash

Ash

Actually, thanks for bringing this up.

I just added "[band name] VS Josh Kemper profile" above each clip so that I hope nobody else gets confused by this :thumbup:

• If its not the compression and GAIN and man you are not new to recording its gotta just be the profile right????
    Bah.... sinmix And @MentaL with a DI they could tone match that, i bet 6 beers (thats a full bet in my world)
    Sorry to hear this pain in the ass man. I would like to hear what they have to say with a DI

Ash

It's not just one profile in the clips about... It's 5 different that I tried to choose to be so similar to original riff as possible.
    Even different profiles share the same issue, lack of high-end, and not enough bottom oomph.
    Basically, if you look at Ozone EQ spectrum when being matched, the Kemper gets a HIGH DOSE of treble added.
    And often mids cut out.
    And then the bottom is farily similar, but sometimes gets a bottom boost.

I've tried HUNDREDS of profiles since buying Kemper, and just the last 3 days I've been trying at least 30 different...
    Only time I get in the right spot where I want, is when I Izotope Ozone EQ match, but thats not how I want to do it.

• One thing I noticed with the profiles I have/ use when comparing the real amps and Kemper was the initial pick attack was missing. I solved that by adding a little of the "direct" guitar in the amp section (between 2-4), that gets me to where I think an amp should be for the attack.

For the lack of bass, I stumbled upon the Fulltone 2B running after my Kemper. It added in some missing lows and highs and also tightened up the sound. The only issue is you can't use it with spdif. But it did help with my monitor sound. Have not tried recording with it. I am still searching for another alternative for this.

Maybe give one or both of these things a shot with what you are doing, perhaps it could help you as well.

• Thanks brother but it was probably just my dumbass ,(dont answer that :D )
    This is the last thing you need when some thing this shitty happens!! :rolleyes:

okay the Wales Man and Polish man will be in soon ;)

Ash

• One thing I noticed with the profiles I have/ use when comparing the real amps and Kemper was the initial pick attack was missing. I solved that by adding a little of the "direct" guitar in the amp section (between 2-4), that gets me to where I think an amp should be for the attack.

For the lack of bass, I stumbled upon the Fulltone 2B running after my Kemper. It added in some missing lows and highs and also tightened up the sound. The only issue is you can't use it with spdif. But it did help with my monitor sound. Have not tried recording with it. I am still searching for another alternative for this.

Maybe give one or both of these things a shot with what you are doing, perhaps it could help you as well.

Yup I agree, the pick attack is one of my biggest concerns.
    Kemper just comes around as "softer"
    Even with "pick" in the amp section (assuming you know it!) set to 2.0, I get a more picky attack, but it sounds very unnatrual, and not as sharp and precise as I hear on various albums.
    Lowering the gain just makes the sound more muffled also.

On my real EVH 5150 I get a decent pick attack when I lower the gain, so reamping with my real EVH 5150 is an option, but I have done it before and I wasn't super pleased with it and it takes a lot more time to travel back and fourth between rehearsal for loud tube reamping, and then back home for critial listening... and then back again...

Nah, I'm not interested in that, I wanna have my sounds coiming straight from Kemper. Some EQ tweaks is cool with me, but I can't be THIS far away from ideal sound :/

Buying a Fulltone 2B is out of range right now. I dont have a lot of money, gotta spend the little money I have on other drum/guitar/studio stuff I need. And I wanna keep my Kemper in its current SPDIF setup.

Thanks brother but it was probably just my dumbass ,(dont answer that :D )
    This is the last thing you need when some thing this shitty happens!! :rolleyes:

okay the Wales Man and Polish man will be in soon ;)

Ash

No problem. :thumbup:
    It was just that after all days of insane reamping sessions, then making this thread when I feel I'm losing hope, I was kinda annoyed by the first answer missing the point compeltely, but your forgiven :D:love:

• I have never had any success using the "pick attack" setting in the amp section. Like I said, add a very small amount of the direct signal, while leaving your gain up. It just adds in that missing pick attack and adds a bit of note definition and clarity. I noticed it first when using my real JCM800, that the guitar going direct in had more attack and clean guitar sound. I could never get my Les Paul to sound quite the same using various Kemper jcm800 profiles, something was missing. That was until I added a small amount of my clean guitar and then it nailed it. Well at least that part of the sound...

• I have never had any success using the "pick attack" setting in the amp section. Like I said, add a very small amount of the direct signal, while leaving your gain up. It just adds in that missing pick attack and adds a bit of note definition and clarity. I noticed it first when using my real JCM800, that the guitar going direct in had more attack and clean guitar sound. I could never get my Les Paul to sound quite the same using various Kemper jcm800 profiles, something was missing. That was until I added a small amount of my clean guitar and then it nailed it. Well at least that part of the sound...

Gonna try!