SPDIF Higher bitrate.

• Is there anyone from this beautifull brand ( Kemper ) that could comunicate about that please?

why is it a it is, and why not to change?

we need at least slave mode and 48khz would be more than welcome !!!

But the Slave Mode is the most important thing whenver you have an Input

• hahah total right !

i had forgotten this "detail" because i am pissed i cannot go ....

i just hope to have an official statement about that soon, because i desperate, i see so so so many posts about that everywhere and i didnt find any official answer...

• I have also. I posted this there too but it is the must have feature for me.

USB Digital out to PC at the internal processing bit rate. I prefer 192k/24bit, 176.4k/24bit, or 96k/24bit.

found this:
    9. Can you talk about what’s under the hood (processors, speeds, sampling rate, A/D conversion etc)?

The main DSP is a Freescale DSP (formerly Motorola) running at an equivalent of 400 MHz speed. The code consists of tens of thousands of lines of pure assembler code. The global sampling rate is 44.1 kHz, while the internal sampling rate is partially much higher. The algorithm for the tube simulation runs on more than 700 kHz sampling rate (!).

source: http://www.guitar-muse.com/kemper-profiling-amp-2949-2949

If I read that right, it looks like 44.1 out is what would be available.

550 chords sorted into 128 equivalent sets for 10, 9, 8, 7, and 6 string guitar in normal, P4, whole step down, and drop tuning, and every scale there is arranged by mode:
    http://www.kneelie.com/guitar/

• II prefer 192k/24bit, 176.4k/24bit, or 96k/24bit.

Hi kneelie,

while these sample rates would certainly be nice to have, I think in many cases this would introduce much higher latencies, which we really don't like. If it's possible as an option, fine. But I doubt that many would use these high rates in everyday work, while 48kHz would immediately help many (if combined with S/PDIF slave mode). :)

Cheers,
    Martin

• Hi kneelie,

while these sample rates would certainly be nice to have, I think in many cases this would introduce much higher latencies, which we really don't like. If it's possible as an option, fine. But I doubt that many would use these high rates in everyday work, while 48kHz would immediately help many (if combined with S/PDIF slave mode). :)

Cheers,
    Martin

Yeah, it looks like 44.1kHz is what would be offered as the global sampling rate is 44.1 kHz. I hope they do implement this feature as it would dramatically increase its usefulness.

550 chords sorted into 128 equivalent sets for 10, 9, 8, 7, and 6 string guitar in normal, P4, whole step down, and drop tuning, and every scale there is arranged by mode:
    http://www.kneelie.com/guitar/

• Bitrate? :S

The AxeFx is locked at 48k and that is not going to change, or so the maker said. I'd be surprised if incorporating slave mode and different sample rate outputs in the Kemper is as easy as writing a bit of code...

The Axe's digital lock at 48k was unusable for me, unless I did the odd guitar to soundtrack/movie. Between 48/44.1 I'm really glad the Kemper is 44.1! It is still standard in the music business. Actually, I've only ever encountered 44.1 and 96.

• Hi kneelie,

Cheers,
    Martin

Not sure about the higher latency. When working with audio interfaces increasing the sample rate usually shortens the latency. You get about half the latency in 88.2khz which you would otherwise have using 44.1khz.

• Bitrate? :S

The AxeFx is locked at 48k and that is not going to change, or so the maker said. I'd be surprised if incorporating slave mode and different sample rate outputs in the Kemper is as easy as writing a bit of code...

The Axe's digital lock at 48k was unusable for me, unless I did the odd guitar to soundtrack/movie. Between 48/44.1 I'm really glad the Kemper is 44.1! It is still standard in the music business. Actually, I've only ever encountered 44.1 and 96.

48khz is the highest sample rate for 8 channels over an ADAT lightpipe link, so even though people are slowly moving to MADI and other formats, it's extremely common in studios. 96 is just a doubling of 48 - which is why it's also quite common :)

44.1 is the final sample rate of stereo recording results after mastering of course - but until that point, a lot of equipment is set to 48 or 96.

• I've never been to a professional recording studio clocking to 48k. Sure you're not talking about film/post or project studios? Sure, some used 48k with digital tapes of various kinds way back when, but the path beyond them was analog. It all went through analog mixers, routing etc. No master clock.

• hum not sure about it, all the ones i saw even with huge analog gear they all went at a point inside a computer so need of a clock !

true the 48 is not a pro standard anymore not they go way higher but i think for most of the home studios we all try 48 instead of 44.1 and we cannot go to 96 or 192

• I've never been to a professional recording studio clocking to 48k. Sure you're not talking about film/post or project studios? Sure, some used 48k with digital tapes of various kinds way back when, but the path beyond them was analog. It all went through analog mixers, routing etc. No master clock.

The ADDA interfaces I use (SSL's) can do 44.1 up to 96, I think it's just a preference for working. My disks and computers could easily handle tracking/mixing at 96, but in my experience making records, it makes zero difference to the final product (16/44.1). I know large format studios that use 44.1, 48 and will go to 96, but only when people ("expert" clients) ask them to.

ADAT was a pretty big connectivity system - not just DATs.

In any case, 44.1 is no more or less common as a working format than 48. I'm also pretty sure SPDIF can't go over 96khz? This is why it would be nice to have access to other standards with the Kemper. :)