Which Expression Pedals and Pedalboard for Kemper Remote

• Hello Community,

I am about to buy a Kemper the next days and want to finish my personal setup.
    While my guitar rack setup is almost finished, I am now compiling my pedalboard setup.

Besides the Remote, I am asking myself which expression pedals for wah/pitch-effects and volume controls I should buy.
    Having an old Dunlop Crybaby GCB-95 at home, I read that it is possible to modify it to an Expression Pedal as described at the Strymon Page: http://www.strymon.net/strymon…our-own-expression-pedal/
    I read some threads about that topic and saw some peaople having some issues with that mod, i.e. concerning the range of the pedal and the swtich control.
    Is it possible to use the switch at the toe position as an On/Off-Switch for the Wah-effect after that mod and is there a way to avoid the described issues with calibrating etc.? I first wanted to buy a Mission KP-1 pedal, but with a modded Crybaby an easy and cheap solution would be possible for me..

Next, I was wondering which Volume expression pedal I should buy. I often read comments in which users recommended the "cheaper" Yamaha FC-7 and Moog EP-3 pedals. I want to have a pedal with a wide range, mainly using it for swell sounds. For the FC-7, some users mentioned that it came to issues while playing in stand, not being able to use the bottom range of the pedal because of the steep heel end-position. Is this an issue for those of you owning this pedal for guitar playing? Are there any other pedals I didn't note 'til now? How's the Moog doing the job?

Last but not least: This will be my first pedalboard with expression pedals on it, so I am wondering if I should get an angled board or a flat floorboard... do you have experiences wich one is easier to use in combination with expression pedals?
    In the worst (or best?) case, I wanted to build a DIY-board with In-/output-jacks and - in this case - would have the possibility to build the Kemper Remote at the angled side of the board while creating a flat space at the pedalboard where the expression pedals could be placed. But an "already available" version of a pedalboard would also be fine - preferably in a robust case.

As mentioned I'm a Kemper Newbie and I already searched the threads in this forum but could not find a real solution for my questions - I hope that asking is alright then.

Thanks in advance!

• Thanks for your replies. The Zoom looks interesting, but I fear it might be a little to small for me..

@whippinpost91850 : Good to hear that it might work well ;) Do I need to implement the momentary switch for the right funcctionality of the exp-pedal or is it just necessary for using the pedal as a "real" wah pedal (Click the switch to turn on/off the expression -> without the switch the wah is in "always on" mode?).

Any ideas for the pedalboard issue? Custom with flat and angled elements or is using the exp-pedals at a completely flat or angled board possible without any problems?

• I have also done the mod and I don't bother with the hassle of the switch...you can bypass it when its not being used i.e. move the pedal it comes on, stop moving it, it goes off. I therefore fully removed the switch. The only problem is you can't have the cocked wah sound on that setting as it relies on movement but you can get round that setting to heel or toe bypass if that's an issue. The biggest problem I had with crybabies was always the swicth ( to the point I modded mine on my conventional set up to be touch sensitive) so I'd ditch the switch. It works pretty well, especially with some of the custom wah's that Monkey Man did!

I use 2 Moog EP-3's, one for volume and one if I want to use whammy..they are both absolutely fine and a very reasonable price.

I bought a pedal board to mount which is flat and it works fine as the Kemper remote is slightly angled but a bit more angle would be better for me if I had the time/choice..

BTW I also sprayed mine green to match the remote :)

Hope that helps.

• Thanks for your answers!
    man, I didn't know that it is possible to set the wah effect in the kemper to "rely on movement" or something like that ;) Sounds pretty good! I'm gonna mod the crybaby without the switch by now, seems like a smart solution.

@V8guitar
    Thanks for that assessment. I think I will tst the Moog cause of the attractive price.. Could be enough 'range' for the volume control for me..
    Guess I'm building my own angled pedalboard with in- and output jacks then ;)

When I'm done I will post a pic :D

• Cool although the only leads you need are to the Kemper remote, so no In or Outs just single TRS cable for each pedal, unless you are using other outboard effects ( which I don't bother with).

This links back to the Kemper with a single ethernet cable...its very neat.