Quiklok bs-625 with the Toaster - Initial thoughts

• (more detailed photos to come and an update after the next few shows.)

Greetings,

I pulled the trigger on a Quiklok stand this week after my other guitarist started using a tilt-back, and realizing how beneficial it could be since we have both massively reduced the size of our rigs. I found a few reviews on here with people using a rack style Kemper, but not much regarding the toaster and the Quiklok.

Pros:
    The toaster fits exactly in between the grooves. It honestly couldn't be a better fit as far as the stock stand is concerned. The outer edge of the Kemper sits just slightly over the outer edge of the stand's bars. I ran some pedal board hook & loop along the top of the bars and under the kemper. The width of the bar is almost exactly the same width as the space between the Kemper's rubber feet and the outer edge, making the hook & loop application very clean. The Kemper's rubber feet actually sit securely against the inside edge of the Quicklok's bars. The stand itself doesn't really seem to interfere with the rear I/Os

Cons:
    -Ill be the first to admit that the Avatar 2x12 signature cab may as well be a 4x12. Its a big, fat, wide and unwieldy beast. Heavy zero void birch and touted as the biggest 2x12 Avatar makes. (But, boy does it sound huge). The height of this cab leaves no room to lower the top portion. The stand is maxed out in all regards. The depth and weight of the cab made the stand feel like a joke at first. I was almost infuriated, until I looked at another "regular" cab and realized what a fat lazy slob the Avatar is.

-Without the Kemper on the top stand, the Quicklok BARELY keeps the Avatar from pulling the entire rig forward and falling. If you were to bump it, its definitely going forward. With the Kemper mounted, it's acceptably sturdy. For "Crowd safe" stages that also don't have flex or wobble, this is where I would call it good enough. For most of the seedy clubs we play, i'm going to have to throw a sandbag over the back leg just to be sure. I wish they would have given it just 5 more degrees...5 would have done it. Or, better yet, make the back leg adjustable. The top stand is fully adjustable. The ability to keep the top unit flat and adjust the bottom units angle would make this stand a must have.

-The top stand wobbles and the angle adjustment was loose when I got it. A wrench fixed the latter (The nut is underneath with a rubber cover on it). I don't have to worry about the top stand wobbling since the cab is so big it kind of braces the top stand from below.

-The back of the stand is designed in a way that blocks the input on the back of this particular cab. If you notice in the photo, the cab is off to the left to compensate for this. It doesn't change the stability very much.
    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/a22Cuaj.jpg]

• I/ve been using one for a little over a year with my KPA toaster and a CLR NEO. I had to tighten mine as well.

My other guitar has a Marshall and a 2/12 marshall cab. He has same problem and has to offset his cab

• Hi guys , I might use this stand as well to mount an SKB 4U rack case and an atomic clr wedge ( as back line )

Is it possible to flip the top so the longer legs carry the case better then the short legs

Any pics ?

Thanks

Raf

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp