My first dive info Kemper question about powering it

• Hi guys
    I'd love to hear some real works exp in regards to powering the Kemper
    I'm going the entering the awesomeness of Kemper world and I have a question about powering it.
    Ideally getting a unit with the power amp installed in it seems the most logical choice for portability.
    But how does it compare in sound and reliably to an external power amp where I would be able to choose any one I wanted.
    I though about a powered CLR monitor or the like,but I'm thinking I want to try various cabs that wouldn't have a power source. Also would like to have the option to maybe run the unit in or have the option to run in stereo at some point.
    Thoughts/recommendations
    Any input greatly appreciated

• Well, ideally you would not use a cab (FRFR or guitar) and run your Kemper straight into the desk and use in-ears: your FOH soundguy will smile ear-to-ear ;)

If you should choose a powered Kemper for flexibility reasons (which I did because I had a coaxial 12 inch driver lying around which I put into a diy FRFR cab beneath the Kemper, just for practicing at home), I would not worry too much about amp quality: most solid state amps are not much different in the end. You get a high powered, lightweight and small integrated amp for only 500 euro. Only Behringer and the likes can compete ;)

• If money is not the problem, always go for the powered version. You have the added option to drive a cab without additional external equipment. I would go for that way now.

You can always use any other option like an external poweramp or an active Monitor/Wedge whatever.

But if you take the unpowered version you are missing the built in poweramp sooner or later imho.

If there is a notable difference soundwise. I honestly don´t know... But i don´t think that this can be that different. (internal vs e.g. Palmer Macht 402 or similiar)

• +1 for thwe powered version. Just so much easier than separate power amp.