Why do profilers make multiple profiles for the same amp with different gain set?

• Hi,

Maybe this is a very stupid question but I don't get it:
    I've purchased several rig packs but most profile makers provide multiple profiles for the same amp on the same channel with only different gain settings.
    Since after profiling the gain can be adjusted on the Kemper itself, what's the purpose of doing this?

The only thing I can think of is that different gain settings gives you the opportunity to choose the range in controlling the gain.
    For example the exact same profile with the gain set to high gives you control over the gain with the kemper in the high-gain part of the original amps whereas the same proflile with lower gain settings gives you gain control withe the Kemper over the lower gain part of the original amp.

Is this true and by explaining this did I answer my own question?
    I don't get it.

Thanks for your explanation.

• the more and varied snapshots of an amp you are given the less tweaking with gain or EQ you will need to do, and the more authentic the sound will be, though tweaking the Kemper Rig may provide great though potentially less authentic sounds.

Never too old for rock'n'roll

• This is the same of the EQ stack ... the Kemper has a generic EQ stack and a gain knob that do not ract as the original one. To avoid to loose the charachter of the original amp, it is better to slighlty adjust these parameters. Huge changes could still sound good, but probably not the same than the original amp.

So, for pack that contains huge set of profile, just check the one that is the closest of what you want, start from it and adjust to your taste.

• All this said, IMHO it makes much-more sense to use a higher-gain-made Profile for lower-gain settings than a lower-gain-made one for higher-gain use.

IOW, I believe the Kemper captures the various gain responses up to and including the gain set on the amp very-well, but expecting it to "guess" what a channel might sound like at a higher-than-Profiled gain setting becomes increasingly-absurd the higher you go.